Search results

1. K

XR 2001 Sportracer

I had a three-gel color 557lbs xr01 with factory floor carpet.. The plywood cockpit walls were paint only, no interior gel.. Not sure if that's of the sane pedigree as what y'all are referring.. It was a 1995 model I think, white/ petty blue/ navy blue
  2. K

Stopped by a cop!

Unless he was legitimately interested in the boat, then he gets this one time pass
  3. K

Stopped by a cop!

" well officer, it hit the scales at roughly 50% the weight of your ego sir "
  4. K

Help with 1999 40 hp Force motor no spark

Disclaimer: I'm not an outboard mechanic.. Does anyone on here know if the engine could possibly have a thermocouple in the system that kills spark if the engine is past a certain temp, allowing it to operate fine once cooled..?
  5. K

New tow vehicle

Me and street scene friends used to run k&n filters in everything through the 1990's and 2000's, as the years went on we started seeing the filter lube getting pulled into the throttle bodies causing some idle issues and butterfly's sticking.. None of us use a lubed filters anymore, went back...
  6. K

Boat accident

I had a ported 2.5 on a Speedcraft (ally splash) 16 ft.. It drove like a dream but after about 80 mph which happens quickly, you'd have to watch the bow and begin and effort to flatten the boat out.. I can certainly see where wind and/or a sneaky roller could suddenly get such a rig to a point...
  7. K

XR 2001 Sportracer

What's a sportracer..?
  8. K

What's an easy way to remove hardened tree sap?

No idea what a prof body shop would use but I've gotten by using mild petroleum products like WD-40. My garage is never without that Blue & Yellow can
  9. K

Allison's gain was another's loss

There's only one
  10. K

1971 Allison 15R

Very nice, and very fun boats.. When you drive those small Allison's, feels like you're wearing them
  11. K

Never know what you will find....

I was an electrician for quite a few years.. Granted i wasnt working with boats, what Dave said is true about rat nest wiring in regard that it makes troubleshooting nearly impossible and fully a waste of time.. My boats needs rewired, and ironically I hate wires and will probably get someone...
  12. K

Careful using paypal....

I don't deal with PayPal either, many people find it odd but that's just my take... Unless you're standing there person to person and agree on the parameters of the sale, there's a risk.. With that said, I'll keep my banking info and my binary trail out of the deal if possible.. If you think...
  13. K

Bought a boat, not an Allison though.

Just don't let little miss SmokerCraft find out that you still dream and lust for Miss Allison, if you want to keep a healthy relationship .....................
  14. K

Boat accident

That's horrible news.. As said previously, please think twice, ponder it through and be careful.. A four year without a Dad, that's a lot of life left to be lived not knowing your Pops.. Accidents can and will always happen, but take every sensible precaution and wear good safety gear..
  15. K

Transom cracked

I got a transom replacement estimate by phone call from Bullet Boats to put a new one in a 17cc bullet.. This was 6 or so years ago and it was over $4k.. As posted earlier, I think $5k from Allison wouldn't suprise me at all
  16. K

Transom cracked

Allison Co. is probably gonna be the most expensive option.. With that said it would not only remove all doubt of lesser quality and help come time for resale..
  17. K

Another Big Block

Hahaaa, lovin it !
  18. K

Top Speed Question/Discussion

If someone was willing to risk a one-way flight in a drag powered xr01, and a dedicated sharp setup going well into the 140's wouldn't suprise me..
  19. K

Top Speed Question/Discussion

My disclaimer of ignorance is I've never owned a GS.. With that said I think its the downforce created by the deck of boat progressively trying to push the boat back down harder and harder as the mph increases.. Eventually it requires too much prop bite to hold up that amount of downward...
  20. K

jackplates

Lot of guys do.. Manual or hyd, just whatever is your flavor