Search results

1. Darth VMAX

Xb2002 with side steering

My side steer
  2. Darth VMAX

Holy Smokes it’s still here! (Message boards)

There is a search feature on FB. Same as most - the magnifying glass icon. just put in a keyword and you can search what you’re interested rather than scroll forever looking for what you are seeking. Are the other message boards still going? I used to visit, Bass Fishing HomePage (which was...
  3. Darth VMAX

Any Allison SS2000's for sale??

SS2000 Comp 11,900 OBO (no power) near Baton Rouge
  4. Darth VMAX

Any Allison SS2000's for sale??

Saw an all white one for sale on FB
  5. Darth VMAX

Dang guys...I dunno...just about everyone’s got a FB page now and some pretty good ones too! Glad to see some familiar names still Around
  6. Darth VMAX

Howdy Y’all! Been a while since I was here. 1990 Allison XB2002CP - VMAX Trp
  7. Darth VMAX

Mercury 2.5 race

I wouldn't hesitate at all to run a 2.5xs on my Xb2002. Where did you find one? They are super rare as 2005 was their only year. Merc killed it way too quickly
  8. Darth VMAX

Yamaha Sho OR Mercury Pro XS 250

$550 for the lower-unit mod and $1,447 for the fat-shaft conversion.
  9. Darth VMAX

300X or Promax on a xb2003

300x is lighter, stronger and faster. Looks better too IMO. But it's way more thirsty than the opti. 480lb vs 505 lb advertised weight difference. 300x is more of a 315-320 hp motor and the 300xs is 305ish. 300x has more RPM's to play with too... The 300xs may have more low-end grunt initially...
  10. Darth VMAX

Yamaha Sho OR Mercury Pro XS 250

You don't have to have the Sportmaster bolted on the SHO for it to "work". Wayne (Hydro-Tec) can mod the existing SHO unit and move the water pick-ups to the bottom of the gearcase (same location as the Sportmaster) and he has the heavy duty prop shaft (fat shaft) that he can replace the stock...
  11. Darth VMAX

250XS on a 2003 or 2003 - HELP

Not so fast on the Xb2002. I do know of a SHO/2002 combo. They are the same weight as a big block Opti. Is it optimal? Perhaps not but it can work. Where there is a will, there is usually a way
  12. Darth VMAX

How about an XTB-21 Thread?

I'll have to dig them up. I have boxes of boat brochures from all makes clear back to the 80's
  13. Darth VMAX

How about an XTB-21 Thread?

I have this brochure too...maybe two of them
  14. Darth VMAX

Who Owns the Nicest XTB21

I'm trying to find one that has the single front storage without the live-well AND still has the i floor storage. I THINK they only made them for 2-3 years around the 90/92 timeframe..... The XTB-21 is a tough one to track...so many models
  15. Darth VMAX

RDW2 left with another man!

I can't believe it Red..... I think this is the sign of the end times and is actually written in Revelations You were one of my original Allie contacts from 2001/2002.... gonna be weird. LOL YOU NEED THAT SHO POWERED ALL RED PROSPORT....just in case the itch returns
  16. Darth VMAX

New Mercury 200 XS Consumer Outboard

This is has been great discussion, however I have been giggling and thinking about how times have surely changed! I have been on this board since the 2001/2002 time-frame and I remember getting lectured of how me wanting to put a Yamaha on an XB02 or XB03 was a bad idea due to being...
  17. Darth VMAX

That is super sweet power. Love the Stars and Stripes graphic
  18. Darth VMAX

I just think lightening the 2.5xs up just a tad....offer the 2.5 mid (15 or 20) and 1.75 or 1.87 RATCHETING Sportmaster and get rid of that plain ugly optimax cowl that's been the same for what seems like 20 years with something new more from the racing lineage and I think Merc would have a real...
  19. Darth VMAX

Merc had the motor that everyone is wanting or would be pleased with. They only made it in 2005. It just had one drawback that once taken back to the design table it could be fixed. The 2.5xs was a 2.5L, 6800 rpm "225" hp (245 hp) optimax. Everyone knows what killed it was the 450+lb weight due...
  20. Darth VMAX

Nice Allison XTB21 Hull and Trailer rigged for Mercury

And this is the model with the 2 front deck compartments (storage and a live-well) and a floor locker? This has a steel transom correct?