Search results

1. R

Oil

I used to use merc oil (golden spectro) then switched to Alisyn, then switched to Alisyn bio. I was a huge fan of the bio, was very nice inside. For racing, REDLINE. I have never run klotz so can't comment. But, redline has proven itself both on the Dyno and track. The last motor I had go...
  2. R

Flywheel swap

Yes
  3. R

Flywheel swap

The difference in hp between a 40 amp and 16 is 1.5 hp. Convert amps to watts to hp. The difference is in the rotational mass for excel. Never compromise voltage though.
  4. R

Compression vs. Octane

I doubt such a list exists. Ports, head design, rpm and load are some of the factors that effect your motor. That "test" isn't something I would use with any accuracy. Put a big wheel on that motor and it wouldn't have made a full pull without going Palestinian. Add, they used a stock a63...
  5. R

100 LL Av Gas

It isn't over-exaggerated in a nic motor. Agreed on a steel motor. Merc used or spec it up till the 80's on race motors.
  6. R

100 LL Av Gas

I don't know for sure that they required 91, that is probable. If you had it on a 3000 pound boat I would be running 91, but your ss and your driving don't really strain the motor much. If you feel the need, take 5 gallons of av with you for those days that you are buying marina gas and cut it...
  7. R

100 LL Av Gas

Yes, But ethanol free marina 87 up here is also fine assuming it is stock head. I put thousands of gallons of marina 87 through stock 260's and never had a problem. It wasn't just me, the usual suspects where I am all did the same. Only one motor was ever lost, it was to water. If you do...
  8. R

100 LL Av Gas

Av has a chemical additive to help it with oil control. The name escapes me, but no matter the quantity of oil it won't change the dry factor. It is designed for a low rpm air cooled four stroke that CANT have a fowled spark plug. It is a very stable fuel, and before real race gas became...
  9. R

Kevin Ward, Jr.

Like smoke or not, if he did or didn't make a move toward him all I saw was a dumb *** in traffic. Sadly the courts probably won't see that, and see a perfect kid with a huge career that was targeted. Sad
  10. R

Allison vs STV or, not an "Allison Boat For Sale" thread

I am partial to Owens record, side water pickups.
  11. R

Allison vs STV or, not an "Allison Boat For Sale" thread

UIM f1 engines are 400, and they live punishing them. When they were unrestricted, over 400 hp.
  12. R

2014 3.5L Ecoboost or 2014 5.0L V8???

Diesel power mag has a great write up on it vs. the 2500 cummins. It did shockingly well. Yes, I am getting 26 plus or minus 1 mpg in mixed driving. It is the v6 gas 4x4 with 8 speed. My 2012 HEMI got 17.
  13. R

One guy that does some work for blew up his Eco boost at 71k, 11k out of warranty, 9000 to fix it. Ford won't help him. That being said I am sure there is a story out there like that for every motor from every brand. I have a friend that bleads ford blue and has a fleet, he is a fan of the...
  14. R

Most of the guys around here say the Eco boost is great till you work it, then the mileage goes out the window. Guess it depends on what you do with it. If I were buying new, I would look long and hard at the new ram Eco diesel. Supposed to be amazing.
  15. R

This may be old news. Reynolds "no-backwash" jack

Looks like a stainless marine 10"
  16. R

Fastest Vee Bottom

Darth, here is why. I have know Wally for 15 years and we have talked about this many times. And like you and our buddy yellow. I too have heard that the v21 is a pop of the gt. They certainly look similar. BUT, the fact that they are different lengths, different widths, have different...
  17. R

Fastest Vee Bottom

It is, real sad. That kcraft was Casey gugells boat.
  18. R

Fastest Vee Bottom

No the new blue is Brett's, it is also big block powered. Harry is older, it is probably 09 ish. Scott will fill you in on the rest.
  19. R

Fastest Vee Bottom

Never let the facts get in the way of your delusional reality. Call Wally. Have you ever contributed anything, beside perpetuating you own personal vendettas? If you don't like me, my posts or anything else try the ignore button.
  20. R

Fastest Vee Bottom

Harry's boat is one of my all time favorites, the color is awesome. The motor is another story, it is one of the late GREAT Galen Burdens monsters. It alone is a work of art!