Search results

1. N

Hoss WASP

I have a 25" Hoss WASP (cut from a Hoss Hyperdrive by Dave). It fits a small shaft and is a 7 or 8. I'm selling because I no longer have my XB2003. I'll take $200 plus shipping. Any questions please contact me at davidguzman39@q.com. Thx, NoviceDave
  2. N

Xtb21??

Is the transom the same structurally as the XB2003? Does the XTB have the glassed-in aluminum for the trolling motor mount? What is the beam of the XTB? Lastly how does it fish? Is it more stable than the XB2003 at rest? Does it drift in the wind when trolling like the xb2003? I may be in the...
  3. N

Transom Bolts?

Has anyone replaced the transom bolts on an XB2003? Bill sent me some upgraded bolts and an aluminum plate for reinforcement. But I can't figure out how to get at the bolts. From my measurements the gas tank will not clear the back lip of the rear storage lid if I slide it forward. So there...
  4. N

95 XB2003 w/ 99 2.5 EFI Sport

$14K. The engine was rebuilt in 05. Block sent to US Chrome for straightening and nicasil plating. Pistons top-pinned by John Marles. Injectors cleaned, flowed, and tested by Tony Brucato. Rod end bearings and seals replaced and engine assembled by me. Has not been over 7K since rebuild...
  5. N

Sand Springs, OK?

Anyone live near Sand Springs, Oklahoma? There is a custom rod rack manufacturer (http://www.customrodracks.com/pictures.html) in Sand Springs that I'd like to design and make a rod organizer for my XB2003. It would be very helpful if the manufacturer could see an XB2003 rod locker to get an...
  6. N

26" Real Merc ET

I have a very lightly used and untouched 26" flo-torque hubbed (not included) real Mercury ET (not a cut chopper) for sale. I'm asking $600 shipped in US. I bought it for playing with the trolling motor off and just don't do that type of running. I've only used the prop a handful of times in the...
  7. N

Wtt 28 Re4

I have a 28 Mazco RE4 that I bought from fishnfireman that I would like to trade for a 26 RE4. It is in good shape and I've only used it a handful of times. I really like the prop but I'm looking for less pitch to carry a heavy fishing load in this hot weather. Will also consider trade for a...
  8. N

drag4 vs RE4

How does the drag4 lift and handle rough water compared to the RE4? I'm talking with heavy fishing load and higher elevation. Thx, NoviceDave
  9. N

Bassboat rally in Phoenix, AZ.

I am helping to organize a bassboat rally in Phoenix, AZ and I'd like to invite the Allison family to participate. I will have my XB2003 and SidVishus may have his XB2002 at the rally. These are the only two Allisons that I know of in this area. Most of the local dealers will be there with their...
  10. N

200 case on Hi-Performance engine?

I know the 200 case internals will not hold up as long as Sportmaster internals but I'm wondering how much run time folks are getting from coned 200 cases being run on Hi-Performance engines (260, 280, or drag). Are you having to rebuild every 100 hrs (200 hrs, 50 hrs, etc.) of WOT? What tends...
  11. N

Fishnfireman?

Mike, please view your PMs. If anyone knows how to contact Mike please let him know that I am interested in his Sportmaster gearcase. Thx, NoviceDave
  12. N

Allison vs. other brands?

This is kind of a follow-up to DarthVmax's question. I live in Arizona and I am surrounded by a bunch of Triton, Champions, Skeeters, Rangers, and a few Gamblers. None of these folks have driven in an Allison and I have not had the opportunity to drive in any of the other boats (that maybe fixed...
  13. N

2003 topend prop?

This has been discussed many times before but I think there have been some new props that have surfaced that may make this discussion educational. I'm not talking about a fishing prop here. I'm talking about all out performance with light to medium loads. Props that holeshot well, accelerate...
  14. N

Head bolts?

Have any of you tried using head bolts other than the Mercury head bolts? I have a '99 Merc 280 and just received a quote of around $110 for the full set of head bolts from Mercury. I'm getting tired of being raped by these prices just because my motor says Hi Performance. Sorry for the rant and...
  15. N

All around performance setup?

I have an XB2003 w/ 280 and 14" of setback. Most of the time we talk about setup for topend numbers. I guess probably because that is the easiest thing to quantify. While I would like the best of every world I have come to the conclusion that acceleration, handling, and holeshot are the most...
  16. N

Cruising, load carrying prop?

I have a 26 Hoss Hyperdrive that I really like. It has good holeshot, very good acceleration, and carries a fishing load well. But it does not seem to carry a load well when cruising. I have to be on the gas to get it to lift. The 26 Trophy that I had would lift even when cruising between 4-6K...
  17. N

Inline fuel filter?

Does anyone know where to get a replacement inline fuel filter for a '99 280? This is the filter that is under the cowl. My local dealer wants $55 for a new one. Thanks,