Search results

1. L

Allison r13

M 1970 isnt an R model as far as i can tell but it does have a core. it was plywood in the keel/pad for a bout 3 feet forward from the transom. The rest of the bottom was balsa. I think it was all 1/4" but may have been some 3/8 too
  2. L

sea star steering

I followed Casey's lead and installed mine like his. Worked out perfectly. Mine is side steer. I used 16' hoses and they were barely long enough but they work with no binding or rubbing. Was able to get both hoses thru the factory rigging tubes under the gunwales. I added a bunch of split vinyl...
  3. L

wanting to talk to Darris Allison

yep, pain in the @$$ and expensive. Thats the way everyone describes it. Is it worth it? Only an individual who's been thru it can answer that.
  4. L

my apologies,this thread should probably be in the general stuff category.
  5. L

internet searches tend to bring up lots of companies willing to"help"you with your idea. What i did find a couple of years ago was www.inventors.org. they are a non-profit group of engineers,manufacturers and attorneys who help people bring their ideas to market. funny thinng is,they are in...
  6. L

I would like to speak to Darris for a few miutes about the patent process. I know many of you on here have spoken with him and might be able to tell me the best way to reach him. I'm sure he's a busy man and I dont want to bother him. I dont personally know anyone who has successfully...
  7. L

Lifeline Sport Vest

Have you had a chance to confirm the size?
  8. L

Lifeline Sport Vest

Is this vest still available?
  9. L

Stainless or steel 1/2 or 9/16

17-4 or 15-5 if you need strong stainless bolts. wont find em at home depot but they are available online
  10. L

Dunamis Prop

I purchased a1 3x25 cleaver from Steve Smith for my 13" Ally. Havent got to try it yet but it is BEAUTIFUL. I spoke with him a few times during the transaction and he suggested that I try one of his Dunamis props. The name Dunamis he said is Greek for dynamite. They are cut from inline...
  11. L

Hole Shot Helpers

How did the Fastrak motor and relays hold up @ 24 volts? Any issues?
  12. L

Hole Shot Helpers

nice job on the trim system. How fast is it compared to stock 12 volt Fastrak?
  13. L

Compartment Lining

something to consider I did the floor of my old scout with this material. Its anti fatigue mat for shop floors and comes in a 4'x8' sheet for $25 at Sears ($19.95 at Pep Boys) I glued it down with contact adhesive. It conforms pretty nice and you can heat it with a heat gun to help it stretch...
  14. L

The prop that got away!!

#1. 23 Trophy ran 73.9 gps @6700 (limiter) on my Grandsport deepwater slalom starts like a tournament skiboat best of all,paid $66 shipped off Ebay,was a 8.5 out of 10 lent it to a co worker who fell in love with it on his Nitro. He knew what I paid for it and had to have it. I made $100...
  15. L

2000 xbo3 prosrort tournament

I have a 98 xb2002,exact same color scheme that I would trade. Alan 409-795-0467 anytime
  16. L

Stainless bolts for setback

get the 17-4 all the corrosion resistance and nearly twice the tensile strength. not cheap and you cant get em at home depot but you wont have to worry about them...ever
  17. L

Ski pole

heres some approximate dimensions it also has a hole for the pin
  18. L

Ski pole

I have one I built for my GrandSport that I no longer need. If anyones interested let me know.
  19. L

Jaxed Mash no longer showing craigslist links

I found out about it yesterday and posted on S&F this morning. Also emailed CL and told them what I think about it. Search "craigslist crimes". Seems like they would have bigger fish to fry than JaXed who was a big help to them. thanks for the advance search info.