Search results

1. Bobalouie

XB2002 Engine suggestions

Definitely want a 2.5. I would go 260 or 280. They are a lot of fun on a XB02.
  2. Bobalouie

Is this an RL cut chopper?

Here is a pic of a JC's RL cut chopper that I sold a few yrs ago:
  3. Bobalouie

Mercury 2.5 race

I thought they were limited due to the compressor, but I may be wrong.
  4. Bobalouie

XTB-21 Windshield

See if you can get a hold of one of these guys, they just had some made. http://forum.allisonowners.com/index.php?threads/xtb-owners.18355/
  5. Bobalouie

2003 Mercury 250XS Stalling When Under Load

Pull your cowl and find every single black wire that is grounded to the block, pull them loose, cut the ring terminals off, re terminate them with new rings and put them all back on. I had a similar issue with my 280 and that was what I did out of frustration with chasing the issue. After I...
  6. Bobalouie

What micron filter

Yea, I had that backwards, sorry. It is 10 before to protect the pump and 100 after to protect the injectors.
  7. Bobalouie

What micron filter

100 micron pre pump filter, 10 micron post pump filter
  8. Bobalouie

Can't break 60 in xtb

I think setback is the issue. I wouldnt spend a dime on props until you get at least 12" of setback on there. Use the prop money for a new plate. That is going to make a huge difference, and I really dont think it will effect your holeshot at all. Your boat is not properly balanced front...
  9. Bobalouie

Low pressure fuel pumps-feeding VST tank

At least you have your priorities straight!
  10. Bobalouie

My tank came out pretty easy, just removed the front strap off of it, and pulled the big rectangular piece that holds the sender so I could use that as a hand hold. Pulled the lid and hinge, plus the strut bracket and weatherstrip around the edge and it slid right out. It is a TIGHT fit, but...
  11. Bobalouie

I bolted it all to a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum and then bolted that to the floor.
  12. Bobalouie

I believe Bassracer posted this photo years ago. I used it as reference to do the same mod on my XB02. But I used a -8 bulkhead fitting and line on the suction side and -6 on the pressure side with a -4 return to the tank. The return I just plumbed into the old standpipe hole in the top of...
  13. Bobalouie

Newbie looking for a XB-21 2+2

http://reynoldsracingmarine.com/contact.htm
  14. Bobalouie

Rigging and Wiring

I used a Blue Sea fuse panel when redoing my XB02. I left the breaker in line because unless you are rewiring everything, there are still things that breaker is protecting that you may not run into your fuse panel.
  15. Bobalouie

Prop recommendations XB21 w/power poles

You can raise your plate safely as long as you are seeing a speed increase with each bump up. You still need to maintain adequate water pressure though. If you get no speed increase on a bump up, you are too high and need to bump back down.
  16. Bobalouie

Switch Panel diagram XB02

Here is a makeshift trim diagram that I made when rewiring my XB02: And here is how the rockers usually pin out: This one is for a Single Pole Single Throw, like an on off only switch And this one is for a Double Pole Double Throw, like a livewell on, off, livewell recirculate or a trim...
  17. Bobalouie

Boat Insurance for Allison

Foremost thru State Farm was who I had. I had agreed value of $36,500 and told them the boat would run 95 mph and they insured it for $400 and change per year.
  18. Bobalouie

XB21 setup and props I got with the boat

A lightning ET on a XB21? That does not sound like a good combo at all. A small barrel prop is not going to have the lift that an XB21 is going to need. Look for large barrel props like the ones stated above.
  19. Bobalouie

Props for Sale

$350-400 is probably a good number. Depending on condition and any work done.
  20. Bobalouie

Watts Bar Grass

I have always been curious, what is the water clarity at Watts Bar? How much visibility?