Search results

1. resqu-u

1997 Xb2003 gearcase selection

A sport master would be my first choice but there are a few guys that can do a nice coned case. My vote on that would be Jason Wolf down in Fla. I think he is on here.
  2. resqu-u

Power recommendations GS

There's a lot of knowledge on here to help troubleshoot your 200. They are reliable and fast enough motors when set up stock. I've ran a 15" mid for years and have never had a problem. If you just give up my recommendation for new power would be a new 150 pro XS. Cone the lower and run 80 all...
  3. resqu-u

XS2003 hull question/progress

Wow! Great job saving this one, it is coming out fantastic.
  4. resqu-u

Best cost efficient way for a used boat buyer to safely get a 21 ft on trailer Allison delivered from Tennessee to Utah ???

I hands down agree with SLOmofo! Frank Mole is the best in the business of moving our beloved boats. He is beyond a stand up guy and will take great care of you every step of the way including calling you to warn you if the boat is junk.
  5. resqu-u

Mercury Mechanic

Yes, it's on the RH side of the causeway after you come through Camden.
  6. resqu-u

Mercury Mechanic

Hi grbert, I live right around the corner in Hertford, NC. Doug at DB marine is pretty solid. He replaced the seals in my sporty a few years ago and did a great job. If you want to drive to Richmond, VA Lee at sanderson marine are awesome.
  7. resqu-u

Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

I think 22-24K would be in the range. 20 is on the low side. There are folks justifying 30K for a stripped 2002 on facebook. It's funny how the prices of these boats goes up and down. I sold my 1998 red 03 with a 15" promax for 18K and it was as close to mint as they come. I paid 27 for my 2005...
  8. resqu-u

Motor cover

Hey Kurt, Please post up the Company and P/N for the Alien cover you found. It would be great info to have on here. Thanks and Happy New Year. Shane
  9. resqu-u

Xb 2003 fishing prop

I run my trophy at 1/4 to 1/2 below the pad depending on the day. Never any lower though. I don't run the PVS plugs either, makes a big difference on how fast the RPM's come up. Running above the pad on an 03 is not necessary. The 02 guys can get away with it but I feel like it is a disaster...
  10. resqu-u

Intracostal use or brackish water

I fish brackish water all year. I hated to do it but I traded the beautiful tandem boatmate for a single axel aluminum I-beam trailer. I keep my motor clean and sprayed with CRC corrosion inhibitor. Of course flush the engine on the hose after every trip. I have not had any electrical problems...
  11. resqu-u

Looking for Speedo

I've been looking at this gauge. They get over all great reviews and are waterproof. Has anybody used one out there? https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/231906479859
  12. resqu-u

Xb 2003 fishing prop

Steve's right on. My beat up 26 trophy is my favorite knock around prop. Runs great and I don't sweat when the water is bad.
  13. resqu-u

XB Wing Emblems

The only other emblem Allison has had in a while is the domed ProSport logo they use on the newer boats. It looks good on the 03's also. Post some picks of what you have made up though I'm sure there will be some interest!
  14. resqu-u

2004 Tr21x Triton WTT for Allison

Luke, although I'm not interested in trading boats, I'd be more than glad to take you out in my 2003 so you can get a feel for the boats. There really is nothing else even close. I live down in Hertford and spend most of my time on the Perquimans river. Shoot me a message if your interested...
  15. resqu-u

Summertime cleanup

I hate to admit but after all of the cleaning and work to coat the inside of the frame tubes I got rid of the boatmate this fall. I went to an aluminum I-beam single axle. It's not a pretty but with the salty water I deal with most of the year was the right decision for the long haul. I used a...
  16. resqu-u

Bench seat stuck in xb-2003

Hey Brian, try running two flat straps (rachet style) under each side. They should feed through so you that get even leverage while your trying to pull straight up. It Should pop right out.
  17. resqu-u

weight on the left side?

Hi Gary, I replied to your email as well. It sounds like you are trying to set it up for lake riding/sking without the trolling motor or other fishing equipment. You'll need that weight in the port locker to balance out the boat. Like I said the best way to do it is to put the boat in the water...
  18. resqu-u

2005 280ss raw fuel question

It sounds like you are like me and our 280's gets way to much sit time in the garage. I have Rich clean my injectors every two years regardless of hours. It's actually worse to not be running them so it could be one or a few of your injectors flooding due to fuel gum. Do you run ethanol fuel? I...
  19. resqu-u

Fishing XB03 vs XB02 and other pro/ cons of each

Chad can you post up a pic of your motor. I'm thinking hard about having Chapman cut my bass mid this winter. Back on the OP I've had two 03's and have driven a few 2002's. The sexiness of the 02 is very tempting but the layout of the 03 just keeps me locked in. I agree that the 02 is a easier...
  20. resqu-u

softer shifting hub

Sounds interesting. I know you've heard and will likely hear again but jumping the neutral safety so you can start in gear is an easy mod that take the clunking shift totally out. I have mine jumped and can start in neutral/shift or in gear. Once you are used to it you'll never go back. All that...