Search results

1. Christofer

Anyone Running a 4-stroke on an XTB21?

Hi Keith, as you know I'm running the 175 Vmax SHO on my XTB21. Bob's big foot duel hose nose cone and Bobs torque tab on gearcase. Seastar pro steering (above 50 knots version). 8" Bob's lift and running 3 blade Solas Lexor 14 1/2 x 25 propeller (in lack of a lot of options to test over here...
  2. Christofer

XTB21 with Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO

Yes, bushings were custom made by a skilled mechanic who has done this on many race boats engines, also his own. You can imagine the "horror" still when my "new engine" was looking like the picture posted below, haha . Guess he now has "the recipe" for another engine type with the Yamaha 175...
  3. Christofer

Thanks Wave to Wave! You're correct Glen is one of the former owners. Engine selection was much based on reading your very cool article series on the Grand Sport w. 150 merc, and my own preference for Yamaha. I've modified it with Bobs cone and torque tab, as well as stiff aluminium bushings as...
  4. Christofer

Thanks for the comments guys! :) I actually don't know from where exactly the console came actually, it might have been made (or chopped from another type of boat) over here in Norway. When I got the boat the console was the worst part; not true / straight and definately not stiff enough...
  5. Christofer

Few more pics from on the water..
  6. Christofer

Hi everyone, Thanks for the add and a great looking forum and community! I picked up probably the only Allison in my country - Norway (Europe, that is) a couple of years ago; an older XTB21 that had been brought here and restored a few years back after having originally "seen better days" and...