Search results

1. Floyd Pink

New user.....Old, Old Allison

Often looked for some of my old stuff... boats and cars alike... but have never found one.
  2. Floyd Pink

New User

Ok... that Voyager is a beautiful boat!!! THAT'S what a good HS should look (and sit) like!! Perfect.
  3. Floyd Pink

New User

Sounds like the guy was quite the professional. LOL. Not too hard here in Michigan to find people who can properly restore a hull as necessary, but I don't see the logic in buying a boat for a premium price and then having to get it rebuilt. Motors are easy. Good used motors exist everywhere and...
  4. Floyd Pink

New User

Had many friends in the Rockford area and used to run out there all the time to see Cheap Trick before they hit it big. Know the areas they're all from very well actually. I'm originally from Glenview.
  5. Floyd Pink

New User

I have an extensive vinyl collection and a "vinyl room" in my house to chill in. 45 year old Infinity's and "matching" tuner and turntable. I have at least two unopened DSOTM albums. One is open and the pyramid poster is framed on the one wall. :-) -FP
  6. Floyd Pink

New User

DSOTM... the single greatest rock album ever made IMO. The beauty of boats from "up north" is the short season and small water. Originally from northern Illinois, up north to me means northern Wisconsin (now Michigan) and ice-out wasn't until May. I found a Voyager up in MN over the summer that...
  7. Floyd Pink

New User

LOTS of work in most cases. Many have been restored but usually with no record of who did the work or how it was done.
  8. Floyd Pink

New User

Yes, I agree with you. If we want to take the grandkids and their parents to blast around or go tubing, the Allison isn't functional for that, unfortunately.
  9. Floyd Pink

New User

Well... I understand your point, however the Hydrostream has a couple of possible advantages. Both the 18' Valero/Vasserette and the 20' Voyager have bowrider configurations. That's a huge plus for taking more than two other people out, which we might indeed do fairly often. And a Voyager with a...
  10. Floyd Pink

New User

Isn't Windsor where the weird "orange glow" is coming from? It's grow operations as I understand it. Anyway, as I've read through various posts, there's a ton of valuable info on what to look for in a boat. A motor is the least of my worries... a good boat (and trailer) are musts for me. And...
  11. Floyd Pink

New User

I believe you're correct. I've had several cool boats over the years but none for a while now. It's time to get back into things I think but as I mentioned, some are just too beat up for what I want. The key for me will be to find a decent boat without over-the-top mods.
  12. Floyd Pink

New User

Good Morning from metro Detroit. Just registered here to learn what I can and will be looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack soon. Not many XS boats anywhere to be had. Having given up on the Hydrostream idea (most all are either rotten or highly modified), it's probably worth my...