Search results

1. R

Fouling plugs on Merc 280

Sorry dubmoney, I got you confused with another member about what boat you have.
  2. R

I will confer with the mechanic next week about all the troubleshooting I have received from all of y'all. Thanks so much
  3. R

I will get my Mercury mechanic to also check the butterfly setting on the horn, and may try the hotter plug, Thanks for that info also, "brund"
  4. R

2 of the plugs might not look as fouled as the other 4. By the way I have a Grand Sport like yours, white with yellow . I had a 1992 PM 225 and for the last 15 years a 2003 GS with be this 280
  5. R

Thanks for the reply Dobmoney, I will get him to check all of the issues you mentioned.
  6. R

My Mercury mechanic thought that , last year and replace the battery. He said all the vital be signs are good. Compression , fuel pressure, fire, etc. He set the fuel ratio to -1, but fouling is still ocurring. This problem has been constant for the last 30 hrs of run time. I have tried 4 sets...
  7. R

I'm using the correct plugs and have had the fuel ratio set at -1 by my Mercury dealer. After running several hours and then stopping the plugs will be extremely oil fouled, and the engine won't crank. I will have to clean the plugs to get home. My injectors have been cleaned with low hours on...