Search results

1. J

Nitrogen in truck tires???

overkill i wonder why our lives are getting so complicated. now i know. how did we ever make it this far without nitrogen in our tires?
  2. J

rough idle in gear merc 200 CARB.

idle opening your exhaust chest won't help your idle and will hurt your low end torque. your engine is in a semi flooded condition when idleing. at low rpm the fuel charge doesn't have enough velocity to open the reeds. it collapses in front of the reeds and puddles. the bleed hoses take the...
  3. J

blacklight mounts?

what type of blacklight mount do most prefer on an XB-2002? phone jack, suction cup, etc? i can't decide what to use on mine.
  4. J

tackle shops

what is the name of the best bass tackle shop in your area? please give their full business name and city. i like to hit the right places when i'm passing through.
  5. J

260 restart after warm (jay?)

yes the choke(enrichment) wire. on the early 260's they had this connected to the starter solenoid instead of the choke button, so that when you were cranking, it was getting extra fuel. the choke wire from the control box is only hot when you push it. the purple wire is hot when the key is on.
  6. J

nothing is wrong - it's just the enrichment wire is hooked to the start circuit. if you have a regular control box, you can move the wire over to the push key choke circuit instead of adding a switch. sorry i can't remember the wire colors. if somebody doesn't respond soon, maybe i'll go look...
  7. J

mine did the same thing until i moved the enrichment wire from the starter circuit over to the key choke circuit. i used to have to disconnect the fuel pump before it would start, it would flood so much.