Search results

1. krank21

GS righed with 2001 225 Rude Ram vs 225 Promax

You know... I had big plans for a car build and then got this boat with the thought of moving away from the car project, but it's been difficult to let go. But the more you guys show me, the better this gets, this is awesome. I didn't' realize how much I could do with this thing. It's getting...
  2. krank21

Oh wow! this is a killer set up. I was actually asking around about ratcheting gears and couldn't find anything. This mid exhausts above water as well with this? Man this is a killer set up. Did you convert it yourself? This is awesome. Pricey conversion?
  3. krank21

Got it, that doesn't sound so bad at all, early spring project :P I don't know a whole lot about this stuff yet, curious, what's a Taylor mid like and why did you swap it out? Like I said, don't know much about this stuff yet.
  4. krank21

Guessing the mounts he has are more robust? The Land and Sea look to be milled out of heavy aluminum angle. His similar or a thicker billet? Any chance of some pics you might have? Just curious. Also, a question regarding the upper mount swap. I'll need to lift the powerhead, never did this...
  5. krank21

Awesome, just heard from Sam Jenkins, he's got upper and lowers :p. Thanks for all of your input guys!
  6. krank21

I reached out to Sam Jenkins yesterday on Scream & Fly but haven't heard back. That said, I did find a set of Land & Sea Posi Steer lower mounts that I'm told are for V6 Loopers. These seem like they would fit just fine but I don't know well enough. Any chance you might know? Also, what's a good...
  7. krank21

I think I may have found someone on Screem & Fly who has them, thanks for the info! Hope to hear back from him :)
  8. krank21

Thanks for this, I'm trying to visualize the direction of the pin. If I'm looking at the mount from the outside, installed without a cap, which direction would the pin be set in?
  9. krank21

Thanks for the info! Lower has a cone but I had a look and it's unfortunately rubber mounted. I had a look around online and the only thing I found was the upper for $150. I'd really like to swap this out, I'm sure it makes a great deal of difference I'd like it to be sturdy as I gain MPH...
  10. krank21

That woukd be great! I could use some pointers :p I’ll send you a note whenever we head out there
  11. krank21

Ahh that’s good to hear, I wasn’t sure how critical the weight was at high speeds. I’m out in Carleton Place near Ottawa. We have friends that we visit often that live right by Rama, just north if Brechin. We will most definitely be out that way next summer, it would be cool to meet up. I saw my...
  12. krank21

I haven’t had enough seat time to open it up yet but the past owner had it running in and around 90. It’s currently setup with a 13 1/2 4 blade 27 Renegade that’s spinning at 6k or so. I’m fairly new to performance boats, last was a 16’ Sidwinder powered by an 87 johnson 140 that topped out...
  13. krank21

Hey there, So I got us a 92 GS a couple months back. The hull os rigged with a 3.3L 225 Evinrude Rude Ram. I know, I know, not recommended by the folks at Allison. I’ve been looking around and have a lead on a 225 Promax for $7500 Canadian which seems close to an even trade once I sell the...
  14. krank21

92 GS Red Gelcoat colour code?

Ha! That’s awesome, I threw 90lbs of salt bags into a garbage bag and threw it in the back seat passenger side to level things out, it helped for sure, maybe I shoul add another couple bags
  15. krank21

I got some of that at low speed actually, just yesterday, I wanted to see how it was for turns and holding a low speed for skiing. I'll raise it, I had the thing way down thinking it was no use having it up. I guess when you think of the physics of it all, it sort of makes sense since the lip is...
  16. krank21

Holy crap, that must raise your hair a tad! :| I'm running a 4 blade Renegade 27 and I have no idea how they hold. Guess I'll eventually find out if they don't LOL. I just had a look at the set up and the way the jack plate/engine mount is, it's set that the prop shaft pretty much lines up with...
  17. krank21

That's amazing, I can't want to get to that point. At what height should the props shaft be in relation to the pad for most stability would you say? I've been playing with height and trim a lot just to get the feel of things but haven't a clue where I should have it for best performance...
  18. krank21

Well I had a chance to get some glass this morning, probably not a whole lot of weekends left for us this season. It was amazing. Not a ripple or a breeze. Anyway, it gave me a chance to play a bit, I managed to get it to 65 and can clearly see what you all mean by inching my way up and getting...
  19. krank21

GPS speedometer that matches my stock gauges - 92 GS - backlit red

The thing with the current dials other than the speedo is that only that jumbers are lit, like a car. The speedo is all lit by what seems ambiant lighting. Doesn't work either, might be the pick up that's plugged though, not that it matters much, I use my phone but I like to have everything...
  20. krank21

GPS speedometer that matches my stock gauges - 92 GS - backlit red

They’re damned hard not to like that’s for sure :P