Search results

1. Wave to Wave

150 pro xs 4 stroke on xb 2002

Late reply. I think they come as a pair. Here's the details Allison Project 150 mounts
  2. Wave to Wave

1986 XR 2002

I'm looking at a XR 2002 for a project. I haven't seen it up close yet. It's faded and a little rough looking. I'm assuming it's probably rotten. Does anyone know if the hull is cored with balsa? I believe the floor and transom were wood and probably rotten. Anything else to know before...
  3. Wave to Wave

XTB21 with Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO

That's great Christofer, keep us posted. Did you have the bushings / mounts custom made? Engine height and setback will be key in getting the best number. You're on the right track.
  4. Wave to Wave

Mercury pro xs

The four stroke 150 Pro XS came out in 2018.
  5. Wave to Wave

Grandsport engine options

Ya, the 150 Merc, or the Yamaha 150 / 175. Advantage of the Yamaha 175 is it comes with the 1.86 gears and without a tune is making about 190 HP.
  6. Wave to Wave

XTB21 with Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO

Very cool setup. I think that is Glen's old boat? What are your RPM with the Solas? I really liked the ProMax prop out of the box on my Grand Sport with the 150. I think the Yamaha 175 is a great engine, and should be able to turn 6100 or 6200 RPM. I think I ran best with the prop shaft 1/4...
  7. Wave to Wave

26 Trophy Allison Cut

Sold
  8. Wave to Wave

26 Trophy Allison Cut

Hey Eric, sorry, it sold.
  9. Wave to Wave

26 Trophy Allison Cut

Barely used, approximately 10 hours, Billy Eaves cut "allison cut" 26" Trophy. Works great on any pad V bottom. Sharp leading edges, blades slightly modified for efficiency. $425 shipped OBO It's dirty in the picture but I'll clean it up.
  10. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Not necessarily if you're not too far back. 8" should actually be perfect with that setup. Good to hear you have the props dialed in. The Raker is a good design. Any updates?
  11. Wave to Wave

New 3.4 Merc Lower Unit Question

The 3.4 V6 is slightly more than 475 in the real world. You don't want the SeaPro, just the regular one, or 175 ProXS. The 225 HP and 175 ProXS rev to 6,000 RPM, the others only 5,800 RPM. The gearcase is the 4.88 design, originally for the Verado. I would cone it to run the height you'll need...
  12. Wave to Wave

New XR2001 owner in Miami, FL

I love that setup, beautiful color too. I sold my GS when I moved to Miami but kind of regret it. It was my favorite boat. Are you running mostly the ICW between the bridges? Or the bay past the bridge
  13. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Interesting, that's good. When the boat is out of the water, run your hand front to back on the pad, see if you notice a little lip, a slight rise in the surface at the back. If you do, that's good, that's a lip from the factory. In general, it shouldn't need much trim. Try running less trim...
  14. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Sounds like you're making progress. What RPMs are you seeing? Make sure the steering is tight and your motor mounts are good, that will help control it. Running the gearcase with the prop shaft 1/4 below the pad is probably ideal for that setup. If you could get a nosecone kit, that would be...
  15. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Glad you're getting some seat time, just take it slow and it will come. Yes, you can block your upper intakes, and make the lower one larger, that will help. Make sure your steering is 100%, tight with no slop. When you get the tach working, report back the speeds and RPM. Get used to driving it...
  16. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

And you can run more pitch, see if you can try 26" to 28" props, especially when you get the gearcase higher.
  17. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Water pressure gauge is great. Low water pickup will make all the difference in speed and handling, have to run the gearcase high. If you can get a nose cone kit of some kind, that's probably the best bet. Here's an install of one...
  18. Wave to Wave

New Owner in Peru

Ya, I think that has the L2 gearcase, so you should be able to raise it reasonably high. The goal should be to get low water pick up and run it 1/4 below. How is the hull? have you inspected it to be straight? Is the lip still on it? (the lip is the slight rise at the edge of the running...
  19. Wave to Wave

Your next Allison

I don't think there's a nicer looking small sport boat than a XR 2002. I love the GS for the practicality. I wish there were better modern engine options.
  20. Wave to Wave

2019 Tandem boatmate value

Thanks guys. I'll post it soon when I get the aluminum built.