Search results

1. sanadaracing

The quake

Thank you very much, guys. Yep, I do feel a little strange sometimes to see my Japanese friends sporting Allison hats and towing performance boats w/ a Toyota Landcruiser. But when you got a lake this big and need fastest possible boats to run it, I searched all around the world and realized...
  2. sanadaracing

The quake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxi5Q5baZc I have compiled some video for you Allison dudes to watch. Take a look when you got time.
  3. sanadaracing

The quake

Thanks Roy. Here is a photo of my customer's brand new 21footer we just picked up today at the port. Two guys you see in the photo are customs inspectors checking to see how deadly this beast can be. Well, actually, they are checking to make sure I am not smuggling any fire arms. Since it...
  4. sanadaracing

The quake

Roy, Sorry for my late response (haven't visited this site in awhile). Despite the fact that there are still some aftershocks (just had a small eath quake again few min. ago), things are very normal here in Tokyo, but people in the northern part of Japan are still struggling. I have been...
  5. sanadaracing

The quake

Went riding yesterday for the first time since the big quake. The lake is called "Kasumigaura Lake" and about two dozens got killed within a 20mi. radius here. Also, this lake is about 100mi from that ailing Fukushima nuke plant. Here is a warm up run at 80mi...
  6. sanadaracing

The quake

Thanks everybody! Still got lots of things to do but your comments are what will make me keep going. Cause performance boating is the first thing I want to do when all this shxx settles down. My supersport is stored at the marina where I suppose has been flooded. Who cares cause I now have all...
  7. sanadaracing

The quake

http://blog.livedoor.jp/sanadaracing/ I am not sure if my SuperSport is ok but am just satisfied enough to find that my kids and wife are ok. It took six hours before I got "connected" with my family on my iPhone. Those six hours... gosh, the worst in my life.
  8. sanadaracing

Sad day

Hope things will be better for you next yr.
  9. sanadaracing

bad water

Haven't had that experience yet, but if that ever happens, I would not hesitate to pull over to the nearest shore and call a firend to get me my care and a trailer over even if he calls me a chicken. I would never risk my life in conquring the waves and wind I am not confident enough to drive...
  10. sanadaracing

Tournament shirts

Uh oh, it was a surprise gift from a friend who makes shirts for lots of fishermen here. Guess I will just keep it in my closet.
  11. sanadaracing

Tournament shirts

A friend of mine made this shirt for me since I was talking about Allison all the time. I don't fish, but thought Id wear it when I attend boat shows or visit big tournaments. Japanese law prohibits us to do business on these shirts without a permission, but if I just use it for myself, then...
  12. sanadaracing

Slowest Allison?

Used to run 2.0L 150hp when I first got my Super Sport. The speed was around 75mph before something went wrong with a stator or switch boxes after 10 hours of use. http://homepage3.nifty.com/POWERBOAT/
  13. sanadaracing

New 225xs model

Are you talking about a 225 Sport XS? I am curious if a boat that weighs less than 1000lb can handle a 500lb outboard? http://homepage3.nifty.com/POWERBOAT/
  14. sanadaracing

Toyota just passed Ford in July...

Since I am Japanese currently living in Tokyo, I thought I would pitch in. My dad used to make shockabsorbers for 42 yrs and 50% of his sales relied on Toyota. What I consider as a sad memory is that when I was growing up in Calif back in the 80's, I saw people hammering and burning...
  15. sanadaracing

Have fun at the rally

I thought I could go, but just couldn't make it. Post pics if you can.
  16. sanadaracing

XB2002/175 Prop Selection ????????

We have been working on a similar rig (2003 + Opti 175, 12" setback). We tried 28P Mazco RE3, 30P ET, 26P ET, 26P Trophy Allison cut by Performance, 29P Spinelli at various height. So far, the trophy gives the best holeshot and a lift for this set up, but the MAJOR PROBLEM is that the...
  17. sanadaracing

life jackets and leg straps

Can anybody tell me why capsule jackets are not recommended for NON-capusule boats??[/url]
  18. sanadaracing

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RECHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am concerned about the roller and the bow eye stopper, but I don't think I understand clearly what the problem is. If anyone could post a photo or something, I would really appreciate it.
  19. sanadaracing

Scratches on the bottom of the boat

My guess is that your scractch should not really matter unless you are trying to get that extra 1 mph on top speed. The boat is not going to rot anyways. However, if you were like me who wants to keep the boat look brand new, I would get a same color gelcoat and catelizer from Allison...
  20. sanadaracing

good read

read a similar article in B&W mag, and that turned down cavitation plate looks cool. $600 does seem to be worthwhile considering how many hours of labor I would have to put in if I were to do it myself. Not to mention that I wont be able to do it so nicely.