Search results

1. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

Have you installed your Ultrex? I trimmed the rear corners off the foot pedal base and moved it forward about 1-1.5" and it works great. I did put some Gorilla tape over the corners just for cosmetic effect. I took a saws all and just took off the plastic which doesn't effect any of the...
  2. S

2012 250 Sport XS

I bought my Allison used and didn't get the manual for the motor and was wanting to know what octane does Mercury recommend?
  3. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

I have had several people fish with me since I installed my Ultrex and think Minn Kota should give me some royalties for selling their trolling motors! Every one of them say that's the next upgrade that's going on their boats once they saw how I would hit spot lock on a school of fish on a ledge...
  4. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

It clears easily. The picture doesn't really show how much clearance there is between pedal and bezel. I will try and take some more pics in the next few days
  5. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

I have tried everything I can think of to get pictures on this post and can't get it done!
  6. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

Can pictures be seen now?
  7. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

IMG_0041 by Steve Melton posted Apr 26, 2017 at 7:38 PMIMG_0041 by Steve Melton posted Apr 26, 2017 at 7:38 PM. I tried again to post pictu I trimmed off the back corners of the housing and that allowed it to fit in the well but had to slide it forward a little to make it sit solidly on...
  8. S

Check my post and let me know if pictures can be seen. Since everyone can tell I'm not very good...

Check my post and let me know if pictures can be seen. Since everyone can tell I'm not very good with making posts
  9. S

MK Ultrex 80 installed

IMG_0043 by Steve Melton posted Apr 26, 2017 at 7:38 PMIMG_0041 by Steve Melton posted Apr 26, 2017 at 7:38 PM Here's pictures of my foot pedal after some modifications to the foot control housing
  10. S

Right prop needed

. Just my luck! Thank you!
  11. S

Right prop needed

I I'm interested. I just read your post, I've been away from home and didn't get a chance to look at posts until this morning.
  12. S

Right prop needed

Dropped lower unit today and the gear is 1.62
  13. S

Right prop needed

I'm sorry, I should have said that it was a Bassport. I'm trying to find out what gear ratio the lower unit is but the previous owner hasn't been much help so far. I really don't think he has any idea what I'm asking but my fingers are crossed and hoping for the best. Thanks for the information...
  14. S

Right prop needed

I have just bought a used XB21 and need some help on getting it propped right for the way I will be using the boat. I will be mainly fishing but still want to be out in front of the pack when it comes to blast off! Right now it has a Mazco 26 pitch 4 blade and the hole shot is sluggish and just...
  15. S

Why 4 blade props?

lol
  16. S

Why 4 blade props?

I'm in the market for an Allison XB 21 and was wondering why it seems that all the Allisons I find are running 4 blade props and was curious as to why ? I've owned several boats over the years and have been able to get better performance and speed from 3 blade props. Is the hull design better...
  17. S

WTB 2010-2012 Allison XB 21

You may be right, I haven't checked on the price of the XST. Unfortunately there are no dealers anywhere close to me since Henry Higgins closed his dealership and C&O picked them up for a few years but now don't carry them
  18. S

Looking for 2008-2012 XB 21

No longer looking
  19. S

WTB 2010-2012 Allison XB 21

WTB 2008-2010 Allison XB21 Bassport Pro. If anyone knows of a nice one for sale please contact me. I've sold my boat and it's the first time in 30 years that I don't have a boat to hook to and take off to the lake!