Search results

1. bill

Tuning brucato acu

Good deal, really appreciate it. I am just a little nervous about burning it down. I seam to be good at that!!!! Haha
  2. bill

Tuning brucato acu

Thanks Hirk, that makes sense. I will start leaning it up. Did you have your sensitivity and volume in the - % also?
  3. bill

Tuning brucato acu

Hi guys, I have a jsre promax 225 on my boat now and it seems to be running really fat. It is slow out of the hole and only turning around 6300 rpm with a 25 p trophy. I am 660 above sea level. Here are the settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Ps Jay did an amazing job
  4. bill

1998 200 efi problems

Thanks JR, I am going to get them tested after I get back from vacation. They look like boysen reeds. Are they prone to cracking?
  5. bill

1998 200 efi problems

My new promax power head is now dead in the water with a stuck piston. So I put this motor back on the boat and am trying to save my vacation staring in a week. I ordered a new brucato acu and put 2 new switch boxes in and the boat runs but is idling like crap. I finally ran out of ideas and...
  6. bill

Merc 200 efi power head

Sorry mtolley, I haven't been on here in a while. I am going to have to keep this motor for a while. I bought a new promax power head and it burnt a piston 1 hour after break in. Thanks
  7. bill

Merc 200 efi power head

Makes sense! I will give that a shot. Thank you Dwayne. I would like to keep it as a spare but got sick of messing with it. It runs strong for what it is. I will give it a try. Thank you
  8. bill

Merc 200 efi power head

I have a Mercury 200 efi power head. Runs strong when it is running but will cut out and die without restarting for a few hours and sometimes start right up again . I just put new cdi regulators, stator and trigger on it and it,new rebuilt the pulse pump and cleaned the vst. It is still doing...
  9. bill

225 pro max drop on on 200efi mid

Thanks, I should get it this week!!! I am exited to have some more power for sure. Thanks again for the replies!!!!
  10. bill

Thank you guys, he is going to send me a two piece plate for pro max, saddle and mid!!! Thanks again
  11. bill

I am buying a 225 pro max power head to install on a 1998 200 efi mid. Any suggestions on parts I would need? I am not going to spend any more money on my 200 efi. I think this is the right decision hopefully.Thank you guys
  12. bill

1998 200 efi problems

Pulled the intake bolts and fuel/oil was running out of the bolts holes pretty heavily. I pulled the injectors and all o rings look good. I am sending the ecu and injectors off to be tested .
  13. bill

1998 200 efi problems

The T fitting is 1" and the hoses are 1 1/8". Put some silicone on the fitting and hook up hoses but don't tighten them down until it sets up a little. Use a heat gun to get your hoses off with out breaking all of your fittings.
  14. bill

1998 200 efi problems

markd, it was the t-h marine on off valve leaking and the T fitting connecting the livewell drain and overflow to the main drain hose. Kind of a pain to get to so I pulled the tank and replaced all of my pumps and hoses and resealed all fittings including the livewell drain which was a 3 piece...
  15. bill

1998 200 efi problems

I just read my post and saw that I said the water filled my boat, I worded that wrong. It filled the back section where the pad is with about 4" of water just so you don't think it got in my fuel tank. I forgot to add it has pro max heads and a pro max ecu. Don't know if that makes a difference...
  16. bill

1998 200 efi problems

Motor gurus, I have a 1998 200efi that has left me stranded about 5 times now. I had high voltage on my fish finder and tach was jumping around the first time I took my boat out last fall when I bought it, so I put 2 new regulators on it, new stator and a new trigger. The stator was melted so I...
  17. bill

xb2003 prop suggestions

Sorry for not thanking you guys sooner for all of the help, I have been swamped at work. Anyway thank you guys for so much information. It is a little overwhelming with all of the props available. This helps out a lot. Thank you guys.
  18. bill

Sportmaster water pump

Thank you guys, got'er done!!!
  19. bill

Sportmaster water pump

Does anyone know the part number for the 2.5 sportmaster water pump kit?
  20. bill

xb2003 prop suggestions

I forgot to add and probably matters, I have 3 batteries, trolling motor and a fair amount of rods, tackle and some tools in the boat as well. Thank you Guys