Search results

1. TxAllisonXB21

2016 2 + 2 Prop recommendations?

I ran a 30 Promax and a 32 Promax with 4 open holes and no diffuser on my 2+2 250 Sport with 1.75 gears. I always run a loaded boat and love these prop combos. 30 was for summer and passenger runs and 32 was solo later fall/winter/spring runs.
  2. TxAllisonXB21

New to me XB21, now which motor?

I have a 2003 year model XB21 2+2 that I ran a 2.5XS on for 3 years. It performed pretty well for me. I moved up a to a 2016 250 Sport for 3 years and loved it. Now I have a 2019 300R and well now that I have made the jump I don't see ever running a 2 stroke again.
  3. TxAllisonXB21

First post

I am in Mount Pleasant (North East Texas) and have a XB21 2+2 which is a lot similar to a ProSport. If you are ever up this way give me a holler and we can take a ride!
  4. TxAllisonXB21

Prop for New XB-21 Pro Sport

We are getting it figured out. Can't wait till the new wheel is ready and trips here we come!!
  5. TxAllisonXB21

Pro ET

I'm having the same issues here too. I have a 30 performer and promax lined up to run and a 32 performer also if I can catch a good day.
  6. TxAllisonXB21

Pro ET

I ran a 32 ProET on my XB21 2+2 with a Sport 250 and 1.75 gears. Holeshot was not good but ran well once on plane. 90.8 @5750 in fairly rough water with 3/4 tank of fuel loaded to fish solo.
  7. TxAllisonXB21

Let there be light! (XB21 headlight upgrade)

Man that looks great! Gonna have to check into this upgrade for sure.
  8. TxAllisonXB21

1st Dislike on New Boat

Update....with my prop I loose my contact about 52 as it climbs up on the pad. The video was Nathan's prop that didn't lift till after 60. Not sure if that info helps any though.
  9. TxAllisonXB21

2003 250XS Rev Limiter

I have hit the limiter a few times lol I feel a little shaking in the steering wheel and audible alarm. I never hold it there though. On the last video I posted I hit the limiter and if you have the volume up loud enough you can here the alarm go off then I backed off.
  10. TxAllisonXB21

1st Dislike on New Boat

I am running a Lowrance HDS5 at the helm.
  11. TxAllisonXB21

1st Dislike on New Boat

And on the trim thing I'm pretty aggressive early on with the trim. I don't like to waste anytime getting up on the pad when possible!
  12. TxAllisonXB21

1st Dislike on New Boat

Btw no keel shield on my boat yet
  13. TxAllisonXB21

1st Dislike on New Boat

My transducer is mounted under the trash container . Truthfully I've never noticed how fast it reads...this is a 2d only model though not sure if that makes a difference
  14. TxAllisonXB21

Ran new top speed

I was running my stock 28 Bravo XS. My 28 get on plane pretty quickly but a 26 would be a rocket! I was turning 6700 so a 26 would hit the limiter really hard. I ran a 25 Trophy and strongly disliked it.
  15. TxAllisonXB21

Ran new top speed

Was on a small lake and did it in about a mile or just under. Need more room with the water I had Monday and maybe have 1-2 more left in the little 225!
  16. TxAllisonXB21

Ran new top speed

Can't seem to load the picture but ran 86.9 on my way to the fishing hole solo!
  17. TxAllisonXB21

Ran new top speed

Ran even faster top speed on this past Monday!
  18. TxAllisonXB21

2 seaters can run too!

Smokin the water there Tim!!!
  19. TxAllisonXB21

Do everything prop?

One thing to remember is wake boarding and knee boarding are going to keep speeds at or below 20 mph in most cases and 1.62 gears with 28" prop will be a tad tall I think to keep the boat on plane IMHO. I run 1.87 gears and less torque and the XOB 27" I just ran would pull them up but struggle...
  20. TxAllisonXB21

Ran new top speed

The prop runs good for sure...I did hit the limiter so might could be more there plus temps was 72 with water temps in the low 70's and 95 % humidity!!! This was with full fishing load. Troller, series 29 batteries, 1/2 tank of fuel, 2 anchors, and shot bag too!