Search results

1. flying07

my walking ss2000

That's why many say the GS is the hardest . . . . but sure is fun on a great run!!
  2. flying07

2002 ss2000

That's an allison! you get on the pad, and a bump of trim doesn't raise the bow, it raises the entire boat! have you been in an allison with someone else driving at speed? it helps. . . . . i was having 'fun' learning we will say, my buddy gets in, blasts it up to 92 with both of us, i...
  3. flying07

2002 ss2000

I was once here. . . . before you change the boat, make sure it's the 'boat'. . . . have someone who 'can' drive an allison drive it . . . . might save buying a bunch of parts and chasing what isn't wrong. . . . lord knows it saved me. . . . allisons are a different breed, the fun is learning...
  4. flying07

my walking ss2000

welcome to driving an allison!! if it's your first, (i have a massive thread about my first on here), for starters, safety gear at all times, and find someone who can drive an allison to make sure the boat runs. then it's time to learn. they like to be flat, they sometimes like a little...
  5. flying07

Sportmaster nosecone modification

I always do this, allison, stv, guess i've never tested without doing it, i just always do it . haha
  6. flying07

Mercury Mechanic

lee sanderson
  7. flying07

Allison grandsport

i'm almost sure this one is sold per the posting on scream and fly
  8. flying07

Winter matinance

Nice shaft. . . haha . . . i had to . . . . :-)
  9. flying07

new guy on the block

welcome aboard!! i remember my first ally, so much, that a friend started a nice thread on it. . . my learning, my speeds, and some good humor if you want a read . . . . welcome aboard! http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/russ-62mph-p.16403/
  10. flying07

WTB two piece Promax adapter and tuner

damn, wish I had seen this 6 months ago, tried selling mine long enough that i sent her to scrap . . .
  11. flying07

1998 XB2002

Have to love all white, gorgeous!! GLWS!
  12. flying07

1989 XR 2002 Jack Barsh restoration

GLWS, Dave's stuff is always top notch!!!
  13. flying07

Future GS owner

a link to my 'GS experience' from learning to selling. . . . sadly, I'm now a 'training wheels' man . . . having owned a 280 powered STV Euro, and now a Promax powered STV RiverRocket . . http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/russ-62mph-p.16403/
  14. flying07

Future GS owner

Had a GS powered by a mildly built 225 Promax. Loved it!! Most fun is the learning curve to drive them, unlike any other. As the saying goes, "I drive an allison because I can drive an allison!' haha. . . learning curve is great!! Build quality is superb, which is why used ones carry such...
  15. flying07

INCOMING...200XS LOWER SKIRT!!

Looks great!!!
  16. flying07

2016 Xr2002

details on the motor and powerhead?
  17. flying07

Looking for a new toy. . .

Got to thinking . . . was this boat up at Avon at Pierson's shop last year?
  18. flying07

Life vest problem

The mustang ones on me ride up some (i have two for passengers), so I went with a lifeline with leg straps, may look a little dorky, but i'd rather be dorky and alive then dead and pretty. . . haha. . . .
  19. flying07

Looking for a new toy. . .

Thanks, but yeah, I turned to 'training wheels' haha. . post some pics of that GS, love to see it! always looking for new toys. . . GS with a 280 would be fun :-)
  20. flying07

Skeg Modifications 2017

Call Todd Bucknell at Hydromotive, and ship the lower to him. He worked a little 'magic' on my lower unit, best thing I ever did! Drove waaaay easier, and was almost 2 mph faster, same prop. Get a professional, like Todd, to get it set up correctly.