Search results

1. gmorgan

Piston worries

Guys I have a good running 2.5 Super Magnum 225 on my XB2003, and it will turn just about any 28P Chopper on a 1.87 gearcase 7500 to 7700 rpms with a fishing load, me and half a tank of gas. I rebuilt my motor two years ago and installed .010 over WSM cast pistons. I’ve had a few friends...
  2. gmorgan

Throttle/shift control cables

I have an XB2003 with a 1997 Mariner Super Magnum 225, and the control cables for the shifter and the hot foot are a bit stiff. I am contemplating swapping them out with the finest, most smooth operating cables I can find. Please advise me the brand cables you would recommend and also the...
  3. gmorgan

Happy Thanksgiving

Praying and hoping everyone has a safe and fun Thanksgiving. God’s speed in your travels.
  4. gmorgan

30 pitch RL style prop by JC

I would like to purchase a JC’s 30 pitch RL cut Chopper. Please PM me and let me know what you have. Thanks
  5. gmorgan

Odd stamping on Lightning ET

I have a nice 30 pitch Lightning ET that as best I know is stock as it came from Mercury. At the top of the hub where the part number and Mercury appear there is a metal stamp that says "RLLLL". I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this on a prop or if anyone knows what it means. I...
  6. gmorgan

XB2003 with 300 Drag

How fast generally will a stock 2.5 300HP Drag push an XB2003 loaded or unloaded?
  7. gmorgan

Seat cover and cushion

Seat cover and foam only for short drag bucket used. This cover has been used but not abused, always kept inside. It has a slight yellowing and two or three small nicks, not punctures. Will sell for $150 shipped. Contact me at two oh five 914 sixteen thirty-seven.
  8. gmorgan

Is this an RL cut chopper?

9. gmorgan

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all you fellow Allison and performance boat lovers. We truly have a lot to be thankful for this time of year and especially this year: First, Jesus Christ and secondly. a President Elect that will have the opportunity to shape the Supreme Court of these...
  10. gmorgan

Troller Mount

I would like to purchase or know how to make a trolling motor quick disconnect mount for my OMC troller and Allison XB2003. Anything for sale or any good ideas how to make a mount?
  11. gmorgan

American Racing wheels

I have a dual axle 1998 model Boatmate trailer with the factory installed aluminum American Racing rivet wheels. These wheels have become dull and don't shine much anymore. Do any of you folks know the best and easiest way to bring them back to look new?
  12. gmorgan

Pro Max or Super Magnum Shop Manual

Since we now have two Pro Max motors in the family, I think it's time I get a Mercury/Mariner Shop Manual for the Pro Max 2000 model or earlier. If you have an extra, old one laying around not used anymore or a new one at a good price, please give me a ring at 205-914-1637. Thanks
  13. gmorgan

Nonratcheting gear case

I have a nearly new 200HP gear case with JC nose cone, and I understand that the nonratcheting clutch dog can present a problem in handling with a boat. My boat is an XB2003 with a Super Magnum 225. This time of year loaded to fish with one person aboard it runs in the upper 90's. I'm just...
  14. gmorgan

Flasher died in my XB2003

Ladies and gentlemen, my old Humminbird ID Sixty in-dash flasher went out this past week, and I need to replace it or something. If I could find a good used one, I wouldn't mind replacing it with the same unit since I only use it for help staying out of shallow water. Then, again, I could just...
  15. gmorgan

xb2003 Allison boat cover

I would like to purchase a lightly used XB2003 Allison cover. Anybody out there have one, please call me at two oh five-914-1637.
  16. gmorgan

Fuel Additives

I bought an XB2003 last fall with a stock '97 225 Mariner Super Mag on it. Only change in the motor since new is supposed to be prior owner had the limiter raised to 7600. Motor is stout and runs great, turns a Mercury Chopper II 30P 7200, gps shows 98 with boat ready to fish, just driver and...
  17. gmorgan

Flywheel swap

I have a stock 225 Super Mag except the limiter has been raised to 7,600 RPMs. It is on an XB2003. Right now in cool weather it turns an offshore cut chopper 7,250 RPMs at 93.95 MPH loaded to fish with one man. I am 63 and don't fish all day anymore, so battery charge isn't as big a problem...