Search results

1. hullbilly

Navionics or LakeMaster????????????

What was the trick to getting this to work with your unit? I run a 798hd si and a 998. The bayou I live on doesn't have mapping, and I've been looking into having the capability to do my own mapping.
  2. hullbilly

Redfish

LOL....funny you ask........actually my first visit in years....naturally gravitated towards the fishing section!!!!!!! I'm way too outspoken and opinionated for the lurking thing....ha ha Enjoying the new ride I see? Living up to your expectations? Hope all is well.
  3. hullbilly

Redfish

Gotta love marsh fishing.......back to back casts....lol
  4. hullbilly

Hole Shot Helpers

You are absolutely correct, but, in my experience, it would have to be a very large field of boats before this would come into play. We always set the boats up with a dedicated trim timer battery to hedge against this issue. With the light weight batteries available now, should never be a problem.
  5. hullbilly

Hole Shot Helpers

Gary, I prefer the timers because I have found that delay timing is critical for dialing in hole shot. I like the mechanical stops/limit switches as well...had one in my xr2001 in addition to the timer/delay box.
  6. hullbilly

Hole Shot Helpers

Based on my testing, regarding improving hole shot on an Allison, no substitute for 24 volt trim and a trim timer. On a xb3003, negative trim wedges in addition to the items mentioned above On a hard hitting xr, 36 volt trim
  7. hullbilly

Elite Series in my backyard

The classic is the fist BASS tournament, but it's only for those qualified for the classic based on 2012 standings. The Sabine River Challenge is the first regular elite series tournament of 2013 open to everyone qualified for the elite series. There's a "black out" period for each of the...
  8. hullbilly

Elite Series in my backyard

It's been crazy watching the elite series guys prepare for the 1st elite tournament of the year in Orange, TX. There are no boundaries for the tournament, so the bayou that I live on is in play and there's been a significant amount of the guys coming through. Have been able to snap several pics...
  9. hullbilly

Wicked Balls

Interesting. In my latest Bassmaster magazine, Kevin Short showed a pic of a modified crankbait. He used lead wire to wrap around the back treble hook. I believe he does this to tune a crankbait for suspending, but never really condsidered the eratic action part. Think I may try this.
  10. hullbilly

XR2001 Gearcase

A couple more things/opinions 1. Through testing with my xb2003, a sportmaster had much more inherent lift compared to my JC's modded 200 case. I could maintain the necessary lift with more motor height versus the JC's 200 case. Only problem was that my JC's case had the gear ratio I needed...
  11. hullbilly

XR2001 Gearcase

I drove my xr2001 rr a lot with a stock sportmaster. Ran it up to around 105 quite often with no problems or ill-handling. I drag raced the boat with that stock sporty and a sporty that had the normal mods (skeg and nose profiling). There may have been a slight improvement with the mod. sporty...
  12. hullbilly

2% More Social Security Tax!

The Tax Relief Act of 2010, which lowered the SS payroll tax, was never intended to be a permanent decrease. It was instituted in the height of the recession as a measure to put more money in the pockets of working folks. Pretty sure it was originally for 2011 only, then was extended for 2012...
  13. hullbilly

Quicksilver DDT with extras

Quick update: I verified this morning that I do have the correct cable to read 280's (it's the A 5 cable). I'm not sure about a 225x as I've never owned one or hooked this equipment up to one. I'm out of the performance boating business, so I'm only interested in a sell, but I appreciate...
  14. hullbilly

Guys...the 5.0 software allows you to read the 11350 boxes and it has a section for post 98 hipo which would be your 280. I have all the necessary cables for these applications as well.
  15. hullbilly

Quicksilver DDT with carrying case. Includes the following extras - Outboard Software Version 5.0 (reads high perf. motors, 3.0L, DFI, 4strokes) - Smartcraft Software Version 1.2 - (2) 84-822560 A5 cables (works with laser style ecu; i.e. promax motors & 280's) - 84-2882560 A7 Cable -...
  16. hullbilly

Lets SEE your ALLISON thread

Even though I'm getting my tail kicked,,,,this has always been one of my favorite allison pics. Just a classic for the allison race boat category.
  17. hullbilly

Look at what I found on the side of the road......

Wow....if I spent more time at the lakes, I'd have to have one. Congrats on finally getting into an allison. IMO, for someone who likes to fish, you made the right choice. If you want some help perfecting your setup after a while or want some driving tips, just let me know. Gorgeous ride man.
  18. hullbilly

Visitor came calling today

The ride of my xb2003 wouldn't touch the Champion 201 I grew up fishing in. On the flip side, the champ ran about 65 unloaded! LOL
  19. hullbilly

DI and SI

I bought a humminbird SI/DI combo about a year ago. High dollar piece of equipment, but it absolutely has changed the way I fish. I've learned more about bass fishing in the past year than I have in a very long time (partly due to living on the water now like I've always wanted to). Here's my...
  20. hullbilly

Cowl holes

My little promax is going to be famous by the end of this thread!!! LOL! I was so curious about this setup that I bought my old promax back and converted to the 16 amp system. I put it on an xr in an attempt to have the ultimate low maintenance river boat. It was a neat setup and the motor ran...