Search results

1. xr6

New to the forum

Welcome to the forum Allen and congrats on the purchase of your GSE! I have 99 GSE with a 225 Promax and a Sportmaster. I think my setback is 14", engine height is about 1/4" below the lip and I run a Hydromotive quad IV Ot 27. It is a bit lazy out of the hole but runs great on plane and tops...
  2. xr6

92 GS Red Gelcoat colour code?

Great looking boat Roger! Not sure where you are in Ontario but there's a great run on the Otonabee River this Sunday morning.
  3. xr6

Fuel odor in garage

Thanks for the replies guys! Draining the tank is an option but seems like a huge pain....hoping to find another solution. Mine is a 1999 and I installed the the upgraded vent kit from Allison but no change. I suspect it is a vent or tank issue as it stinks under the cover even when stored...
  4. xr6

Fuel odor in garage

I keep my GS in a garage which has very little ventilation. When it has been sitting a few days the smell of gas is very strong when I enter the garage. I updated the filler pipe with the kit from Allison and have tried taping the vent as well but the odor is still very strong. I have...
  5. xr6

Future GS owner

We run a GS in Ontario and love it! Most of our boating is on a small and mid size lakes without many big waves or swell. Yesterday we ran at an event on Lake Scugog with 20 plus boats....several Talons, Skaters, Euros, Hydrostreams etc. There were some whitecaps and lots of chop running behind...
  6. xr6

INSURANCE HELP!!

State Farm (Canada) insures me for around $400. I don't think they asked about speed.....the only exclusion I noted in the policy is that it can't be in a racing event. I have our home and cottage with them too.
  7. xr6

cowling decals

Mike Nass did my Promax decals. I think they look better than the originals as the letters are all individual rather than all being on the black base. He was great to deal with too!
  8. xr6

Trailer: Refurb or New

I have a 1999 Boatmate that looks great on the outside but one of the main tubes is rusting badly from the inside out. All other tubes are in great shape. There are no visible drain holes on the tubes.....Boatmate claimed that drain holes weren't required as they left the bottom weld open at the...
  9. xr6

Torque Shift prop

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems like a great prop for skiing on the GS but surfacing may be an issue. I dropped the prop shaft to 3" below the pad (that was as far as the manual plate would allow me to drop it). I normally run the ot27 at 1/4" below the pad. Is 3" below still considered...
  10. xr6

Torque Shift prop

I tried one of these on my GS with a 225pm this weekend...it is amazing out of the hole pulling a slalom skier. Only took it up to 50 mph or so but it didn't feel near as nice as my Hydromotive ot27 (I dropped the engine 3" to try it). I'm considering buying it...has anyone heard of durability...
  11. xr6

Factory Allison cover

The factory covers are vented where the support pole is seated. I still get fuel fumes when I take the cover off....I installed the new vent kit (on the fuel filler inlet) which helped somewhat but you can still smell the gas.
  12. xr6

Factory Allison cover

I got the factory cover for my GSE last year and thought the fit and price were excellent! I had a cover made for my 16' Baja about 10 yrs. ago... the cheapest quote I got was $700.
  13. xr6

My new boat !! Well, new to me...

Beautiful car! It really takes me down memory lane....I bought a 68 Sports Fury when I was 17. Replaced the 318 with a 383...added headers, mags, 8 track stereo etc. Had a great time with it. Enjoy!!:very happy
  14. xr6

Bezel removal

Does anyone know how to remove the bezel on a Beede trim gauge?
  15. xr6

280 rebuild time

Paul Nichols rebuilt my Promax last summer. He is an awesome guy to deal with and the motor runs great!
  16. xr6

Total Weight of Grandsport on Trailer

The Equinox is rated for 3500 lbs. if it has the 3L. GM recommends trailer brakes if the trailer weight is over 1000 lbs.
  17. xr6

Total Weight of Grandsport on Trailer

Mark...Mine is pretty much the same set up as yours except I'm running a Promax. I towed it from Florida with a 3L Equinox without any trouble. I definately wouldn't want anything smaller.
  18. xr6

Aluminum trailer

There are no drain holes in mine. Boatmate said they don't weld the bottom of the end caps on the main tube frame to facilitate drainage. On the starboard side of my trailer the seam which is apparently to facilitate drainage is rusted solid obviously not allowing drainage. There are 3 openings...
  19. xr6

Aluminum trailer

I think my next one will be Aluminum. My 99 Boatmate has rusted significantly on the inside of the main frame on one side only. I talked to Boatmate and they claimed it must have been used in Brackish water. I think its strange that the rest of the trailer looks great ...I think its because they...
  20. xr6

GS rear hatches

I got mine at Part Source...they couldn't match the number but were able to compare it visually to ones they had in stock. I think it cost about $20.