Search results

1. Z

DDT Setup

Sold pending funds.
  2. Z

Whats this symptom mean?

Sounds like TPS to me. Is your throttle stop set, so you can't go too far and go out of range high on the TPS? My 280 was doing that for a while. I had to reset my throttle stop, and it was good to go again. I thought the motor was back in break in mode for the longest time. And broken...
  3. Z

DDT Setup

Terry- Just sent you a PM. Yes, it is everything you need for a 280. That's what I had used this setup with.
  4. Z

DDT Setup

I've got a DDT that I no longer need up for sale. It is the newer style with the 2 pin cable and the outboard V5.0 cartridge. I have all the documentation with it as well. Works great, I just sold my boat, so I may as well sell this. I'll list it here to give you guys the first crack at it...
  5. Z

99 XB2003/280 Sport

Boat is sold. Thanks a lot Terry! Enjoy it!
  6. Z

Lookin for an Oil tank

I have a box with all that stuff in it yet too. Mine was all working when I tore it off. I could ship before the weekend if you need it that fast. Just shoot me a PM with your info and we can work something out.
  7. Z

99 XB2003/280 Sport

Boat is sold pending import approval. Will update if it becomes available again.
  8. Z

99 XB2003/280 Sport

Basically. Our river was flooded all summer, so I got to use my boat a grand total of 5 times. Twice before the flood, once on the big lake (Lake Sakakawea), once in MN (the Crooked Lake chain if you care), and once after they finally let us back on the river here. I realized this summer as...
  9. Z

99 XB2003/280 Sport

Well, unfortunately this summer has made me realize that owning a boat in these parts isn't worth it some years, so I am going to put mine up for sale. I'm considering moving, and I don't think it's going to be possible to take the boat with. Hull is a 99, white with red wing tips. Very good...
  10. Z

Game/trail cams???s

FYI rechargables self discharge faster, so they may not get the life you would expect out of them. It might make more sense to use a standard disposable battery for them.
  11. Z

2005 280 trade for 2004 225X

I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents here, but I considered offering my 07 280 powerhead up for trade for a newer 225x myself. To me, the extra few MPH isn't really worth it, but I did talk myself out of it. I really don't think the guy is that crazy, your motor is a good one and for tournament...
  12. Z

wanted, service manual

Watch eBay. That's where I picked mine up. It was less than half of what Merc wanted shipped to my door.
  13. Z

Mildly ported 260 goes flat at 3200rpm

Kind of a long shot, but be sure to check reeds too. I had some broken cages and pedals were stuck open/torn off and it ran really poorly. Had zero power to get the boat on plane.
  14. Z

Service Manual

Yep, that's a 260. The serial number should be stamped into the block right behind the timing arm where the case halves meet up towards the top of the engine.
  15. Z

Service Manual

what is the original serial number on the case, and what electronics are on it? Can you post a pic? I have a factory merc service manual for a pro max that I no longer need and would be willing to sell if it will work for you.
  16. Z

26 drag 4

What diameter is this, and what was it built for?
  17. Z

steve heintz

Very sad news. I talked to him a few times, and was supposed to buy some parts from him. VERY nice guy, willing to share all the knowledge he had.
  18. Z

Digital tach-Merc 280?

Did you find the issue? Was it just bad wiring, or a bad gauge?
  19. Z

Digital tach-Merc 280?

Mine actually does this as well. Drives me nuts. I still haven't fixed mine. I was going to try and find all the connections from the motor forward and clean the contacts first, but I suspect it's the tach in my case. The digital tachs were known for this, that's the only reason I suggested...
  20. Z

Digital tach-Merc 280?

They do work, but you need to add a filter usually. I think it was livorsi that used to sell them. It's a little box that is put inline with the tach signal wire.