Search results

1. R

Hydrofoils

A good foil should bring you faster on plane and must not rob speed. I'm using the allison foil on my SS2000 and that's the way I tested it. With the foil there is a huge difference getting the boat on plane ( faster). I verify my top speed is the same as running without foil. Ra
  2. R

Hydrofoils

A good foil should bring you faster on plane and must not rob speed. I'm using the allison foil on my SS2000 and that's the way I tested it. With the foil there is a huge difference getting the boat on plane ( faster). I verify my top speed is the same as running without foil. Ra
  3. R

I did it.......

I went through testing the skid planer as well. I installed it according to the spec sheet that was provided and went testing. It seems that water that was probably exiting from the pad was catching the planer at high speeds and was very difficult to drive/handle the boat. ( SS 2000 ). I...
  4. R

Allison SS-2000 - everything about

Msetsmile, I forgot to mention that all testing and speeds I reached so far where with 3/4-full gas tank and a blue top marine battery (Model D34M ) weigh 34# ragab
  5. R

I don't like the gearcases that came withh the Fast strike enginesv-4/6 and some 2 cylinders also. Those have a bearing housing with the two retaining tab/bolts, IMO the worse gearcase OMC ever built.
  6. R

Msetthsmile- I have a v-4 looper on my SS2000 Excel. I used a x-flow gear case (1988) It seem to hold up very well. No bearing carrier issues. I'm spinning a Mazco RE3 28" . Best I did on my Livorsi GPS 86-87MPH. I ordered a 30" pitch ET which I will try next with some other mods. Probably...
  7. R

I have a V-4 looper on my SS2000 excel.
  8. R

John Tger /ss2000 test??

I don't see a problem in these numbers/tests. I have a Allison Exel SS 2000 don't know the weight and in fact I don't mind about that. My boat is powered by a V-4 Looper 2.0L stock porting with EFI installed, bobs nosecone on earleir V-4 cross flow case 2:1, Hoss triton 14"x28" spinning at 6900...
  9. R

Allison xr 14

all- I'm looking for an Allison XR 14 with trailer if needs repairs no problem Thanks, Bruss
  10. R

s3000 block & front

what company had re plated the bores? Is $3000 you're best? Is this a standard S3000 cyl or has it been modified? Regards Paulo
  11. R

1995 mercury promax 225 hp

As I previously explained all components measured OK ( COLD ) Only change I made was putting a tie strap to the plug wire boots! Went to the lake start and did like 7 to 8 1 mile full throttle runs. After that I shut down the engine to get a cold beer, After finishing my beer tried to start the...
  12. R

1995 mercury promax 225

Guys-anyone knows if the steel cylinder sleeves on the PM 225 could be re-placed with plated ones ? ( re-sleeve the complete cylinder ) Also I'm looking for recommendations on a company that could do a good porting job for me. Thanks for your advise Paulo
  13. R

Guys, anyone knows if the steel sleeves in the PM 225 cylinder could be replaced with the electrofusion/plated ones? Any suggestions on companies that do port work ? I know that there are lots of companies that do port work but... everyone claims to be the best. Thanks for your info, Paulo
  14. R

"WANTED" Johnson Rude Looper 140

Are you looking for a complete engine or the bare block?
  15. R

Having a strange problem with my PM 225 on my Allison SS2000. Engine rev's free in neutral,stall on accellaration@3500RPM. Went through electrical syst.trouble shooting. Stator,switch box out put are within spec's.Compression OK all cylinders avg 125+. Checked the fuel supply which seems to...