Search results

1. S

Buying Stainless Marine Trim Indicator-???

I called Stainless Marine about ordering one of their mechanical trim indicators. Got off the phone more confussed than before I called. I have a 280 Merc, 20" Offshore Mid. 16' cable is standard length. He did not really have a recommendation on what cable length I would need. Which surprised...
  2. S

Boat Registration Number's Police

Any of you guy
  3. S

??Mounting 280 Trim Pump-XB2002??

I am rigging a 280 on my XB2002. It came with the std. 260/280 Merc trim pump. The pump has the slide brkt. on the body of the pump but there's nothing to bolt it to. What are you guy's using to support the pump. I have seen the mercruiser brackets for sale on Ebay but don't think it will work...
  4. S

Number of leafs per spring on tandom axle Allison trailer???

I am in the process of converting my XB2002 trailer from a single to a dual axle. I need to know how many leafs per spring you have on your tandom axle trailer's ?. They make 2, 3, and 4 leaf springs. I have 4 leaf springs and I am going to remove 1 leaf per spring, 4 leaf springs are rated for...
  5. S

? prop choice for XB2002-280?

I'm having no luck at all with the search function at this time. I am rigging my XB2002 with a 280 Merc., consumer model, fat shaft. For prop selection I am thinking a 28 Merc ET. I realize there are a lot of personal oppinions on prop's, I am not wanting to start any agument's here, just want...
  6. S

?? XB2002/260-280 Setback ??

Would like to here what setback you guy's are running with 260's-280's, 20" mid. on an XB2002. I use mine for recreational boating but if the need or mood strikes me I want to be able to air it out. Usually 2 people up, trolling motor, small load of fish equip., small ice chest, what ever fuel...
  7. S

??Lifting Hull Off Of Trailer??

I am doing some work on my trailer and am considering lifting hull, XB2002, off and setting it in my yard. Motor is off. I was thinking I could use my hoist but don't know if I can use the jackplate as a lift point or would it be better/safer to strap the hull? I know the Allison transoms are...
  8. S

??XB2002 trolling motor power/thrust size??

Considering a new trolling motor for my XB2002. Wanted to get some input. I have a 54# 12V 42" shaft foot control MG. I'm guessing original equip. It works fine just prefer stick control. I don't fish much, mostly small lakes here in Okla., not much current to deal with. MK has a 40# 12V 42"...
  9. S

Day at the lake

went to skiatook lake yesterday, this is a really clean/clear fresh water lake here in Okla. Have been taking a lady friend with me the last several times, no love intrest, just a lake buddy. This is a first, let her drop me off at the dock and I went to get the truck and let her have a go at...
  10. S

Insr. Wiring Harness Color Code Help Please

Cleaning up my dash wiring. Need a little help. In the Allison harness to gauges in the dash there are 2 wires I am not sure about? One is brown/blue stripe and the other is purple. What are they for? thanks.
  11. S

XB2002/175 Prop Selection ????????

Looking for a prop. XB2002 with 175 EFi Merc, probably about 6000 RPM, 200 gearcase with Titus mod's., solid mounts. Need oppinions and or advise. I'm thinking with a 175 that a 26" pitch is about all I should go and still have a good holeshot. I know most of you guy's run higher H.P. motor's...
  12. S

installing motor, which clamp brkt. bolt????

john or jimxb2002 or anyone else with a XB2002. I am installing motor now on my XB2002, I have one of Allison's 10"-12 1/2" adjustable jackplates. Motor has a 20" mid on it. Which bolt hole from the top of the Merc clamp bracket are you guy's using? looks like maybe 2nd or 3rd hole down from the...
  13. S

Installing new jackplate, need bolt advice

I am installing my new jackplate. I am going from a 6" to Allison's 10"-12" adjustable plate. This is on a 1988 XB2002. Transom is rock solid. My question is concerning the thru transom bolts. What I have is 1/2" stn. stl. course thr'd bolts. The top 2 bolts in the splash well use stn.stl...
  14. S

200HP=??? Setback

Have a XB2002, with 175 XRi, having heads shaved to pick up a little. Currently have 5 1/2" of setback with a 150. I am considering adding 2" spacers for a total of 7 1/2" of setback. Would like to know from some experience here if I should do this or not. thanks