Search results

1. C

Can seals on a CMC 7050 actuator be repaired?

I have a CMC jackplate with 7050 actuator. The actuator is self contained. Fluid is leaking out of the bottom and puddling on the floor. The original actuator did this now the replacement which I purchased in July 2013. What can I do? Thanks
  2. C

Pics of 2+2 rod organizer??

Anyone got pics of the 2+2 rod organizer??
  3. C

Disassembling CMC hydraulic 7050 Actuator

I have a hydraulic leak around the bottom of my CMC jackplate. The Actuator is part# 7050. Before I spend $400 on a new one, I want to know if can take it apart and repair. There are like 20 hex bolts on the bottom of the actuator. I don't want to remove them all and then find I have an...
  4. C

Neal's old XB21 is for sale

The ad says "small wreck" but it involved two vehicles, a boat, and a large flatbed lawnmower trailer that broke loose and knocked down Neal's truck and boat like bowling pins. :LMAO: Neal's truck and boat were totalled in the incident. The boat/mtr/trailer was then sold at auction by the...
  5. C

Lifeline #160

Finding a decent used Lifeline vest was hard to find and last week I ordered a discounted #160 direct from Kent at Lifeline. Paid less than retail and less than some used ones you see on ebay or scream and fly. I got it today. Very well made and fits like a glove. I got it for the...
  6. C

Black lights on XB 21 2+2 - what do you use?

Since the boats have texture on the gunnel, there is no way to mount suction cut black lights. What do you guys do?
  7. C

What's up with my prop? Bravo I XS 30

I have extreme blow-out on my prop. I bought the prop used and it has not been worked except for the addition of four PVS holes (which I've plugged). The motor has to reach into the upper 4k rpm range just to break the boat over. After that it grabs, r's drop and off I go. It seems the...
  8. C

Headlight adjustment - how?

My headlights appear to be adjusted correctly pointed forward; however, one is higher than the other. As the adjustment knob is turned, it moves both lights up/down. How do I adjust the up/down setting on one light so that both lights are matched on the vertical movement? Thanks Duane
  9. C

Teleflex HC6345 Seal Kit: HS5157

Hi everyone, I have a cylinder seal leak on the starboard side of the HC6345 steering cylinder and needed to order a seal kit. The Teleflex website support docs (as of 8/8/11) lists the seal kit for the HC6345 as "N/A". None of the websites that sell Teleflex parts listed the seal kit for...
  10. C

Gas reading fluctuates between empty and the correct reading

I have the VDO guages, Merc Monitor, and the Merc fuel/oil harness from the gas tank to the engine computer. Lately, the Merc monitor will all of sudden warn of "low fuel". A few minutes later, it is like the fuel level shows normal. (engine is 250ProXS on 2+2) I checked the connections -...
  11. C

Some fly bys from Clifton

Here are a few videos from my two days at the FastPass Rally in Clifton TN. The vids are filmed from my phone so they aren't that good. They feature Neal's XB21, Eric Petty's white Stroker, and Nathan's red Stroker. Joe's SS is in there in one or two vids. I didn't get hardly any vids of...
  12. C

Tail stand?

I've seen some photos of some of your boats that look like they're doing a wheelie or tail stand. They are XB2002s. Can a XB21 do that?
  13. C

My goals for Clifton

I'm going to be at the rally on Tues-Wed. My goals for Clifton: 1.) Ride in one of those river racer type boats where you sit behind the driver and hang on 2.) oogle over Brack's boat 3.) go for a ride in a 2002 & 2003 4.) catch up with my west TN & northern Miss bruthas! 5.) love...
  14. C

sliding doors on 2+2 for rod storage - rattles loudly

Hi everyone, My 2+2 cockpit side sliding woodgrain/plastic rod storage doors rattle like crazy as I go down the lake. What can I do to keep them from being so loud? Thanks!
  15. C

If you have an XB21 and have a clunk in your lower unit, you might have a. . .

hi everyone, I've had my XB21 for about a year now. I've recently experienced a hard "clunk" in my Engine or Sportmaster when I'd come off of pad and goose the engine to get ahead of the following wave. When I'd trailer the boat and right before I'd ease up on the bunks, it would "clunk"...
  16. C

CMC Jackplate question

I have a CMC powerlift jackplate. Last week, it started making these awful sounds like there was a lot of friction in the up/down motion. I got the manual out and says to make sure the large nylatron washers are slightly loose, not too tight, not too loose. I slightly loosend the top bolts...
  17. C

New best speed w/Hydromotive QIV 29-X-OB

I got to 89.3 yesterday running up stream on my home lake. My goal was to hit or break 88. 2+2 w/250ProXS w/1.75 sporty. Light load, 1/2 tank of fuel, no wind, no current, very slight chop, water temp 70F, air temp 80F, 29psi, rpm guage showed 6k rpm but it was slightly less on the merc...
  18. C

New Sportmaster

Hi everyone, Some of you know I met a rock pile a couple weeks ago. Here is my new 3.0 sportmaster. Haven't gotten it wet yet. Different Fin Shape Thinner skeg, straight, no curve Shape of old skeg
  19. C

RedAllison - your Hbird SI unit is going to get a major upgrade Jan 2010

I'm getting a 798 unit installed soon. This is a response to the HDS imaging capabilities. Yee-haw for humminbird!! It appears the 798, 997, and 1197 are all upgradeable to this new feature. from another site: HUMMINBIRD Announces DOWN IMAGING! from Eddie@Humminbird 9/28/2009...
  20. C

rear fold down seats for 2+2 & ProSport

Are the fishing seats with the metal hinges and squared type back any heavier than the rounded fishing seats going in the new Allisons?