Search results

1. bassracr

Allison Performance Boat Owners on Facebook

thank you silverbullet02
  2. bassracr

Allison Performance Boat Owners on Facebook

Allison Performance Boat Owners on Facebook requested to join 6 weeks ago .. not a peep .. need to fire the admin over there
  3. bassracr

2004 XB21 Prosport Elite, 225 Sport XS, - Sold

Feeding frenzy .. lol
  4. bassracr

If a guy wants a 200 APX?

If both engines made 200 peak horsepower on a dyno the “overall “ performance on his boat would be similar. The 6500 rpm motor would have more torque thru the lower rpm range allowing for a higher pitched prop. The engine making 200hp at 10,500 rpms would have less torque in the lower rpms...
  5. bassracr

Your 225 pro super magnum with a 15 inch mid is an awesome package on your boat. I am confident if you spent the money for an apx (Even if it was available with a sport master) you would be sorely disappointed in the performance department compared to what you have now for money spent.
  6. bassracr

I think you would find If you could get a proper lower unit ,it would perform similar to a 1996 mercury 200 or any other year for that matter. I have found from first hand experience 200 horsepower is 200 horsepower. 150 horsepower is 150 horsepower, Etc. In spite of what mercury or any one else...
  7. bassracr

Seat slide replacement -Fore & Aft

I went through the same thing years ago and the replacement that I purchased from Allison was a way better piece than the original equipment .it’s built much more heavy duty ,tighter tolerance ,way better piece than what came when new. The one I got didn’t look anything like the one pictured...
  8. bassracr

XB2002 Rod box springs. Anyone have them ?

Ls3 appears to be the ones that are installed in my boat.20+ years worked like a champ. My boat is in storage now so can’t send a video ..looks like this plus stainless countersunk screws, countersink washers . Nylock nuts should do the job from failing memory
  9. bassracr

XB2002 Rod box springs. Anyone have them ?

https://thmarinesupplies.com/products/lid-and-hatch-support-springs
  10. bassracr

Thick Thrust Washer

http://reynoldsracingmarine.com/rrstoref2.htm Under problem solver link you will find your thick washer
  11. bassracr

Any Expert close to the N.W. for ProMax & Mariner Super Magnum?

This would be under the assumption your power head is sitting on top of a “factory’ pro max adapter. If someone put your power head on top of a one piece 260-280 adapter there will be no poppet valve. I purchased a new pro max in 1998 and it had a 2 piece with solid mounts new. I have heard of...
  12. bassracr

You can probably find a manual on eBay ,you can also keep an eye out there for an adapter plate ..scream and fly may be another source .
  13. bassracr

If it were mine the first order of business would be getting the motor to run at proper operating temperature. Returning the cooling system to factory would likely do that . Probably need a 225 2 piece adapter With Solid mounts, poppet, correct thermostats, hose routing, etc. . The dying could...
  14. bassracr

27 Rich Boger B&B Trophy+

Reynolds marine sells a thick thrust washer that may allow you to run that prop with a blowout ring http://reynoldsracingmarine.com/probsolv.htm
  15. bassracr

steering cable

did you try to lube it?
  16. bassracr

Converting XB2002 to Seastar Pro

Here was the instructions I had on a post on lubing cables.. I had pictures that would have helped but tinypic. Took them down.... my rack closest to the dash required me to loosen the steering column bolts through the dash to give me the needed clearance to remove the rack . once the rack is...
  17. bassracr

Best prop cut

Send that to Todd at Hydromotive . tell him what you want out of the prop and you will get exactly that.
  18. bassracr

2003xb with 225 promax

Seems like the boat should be running low to mid 90’s on the limiter ?
  19. bassracr

2018 season

Washed up and Headed to Dale Hollow Lake for LaborDay weekend 2018
  20. bassracr

1994 Allison XB2002 with a 280

7 posts asking to text you pictures on 3 different models of boats ... Aren’t the pictures of this one working for you anymore?