Search results

1. CommonArcWelder

97' Mariner 75 Fire Issue

Hey guys. Got a problem. I have a 1997 Mariner 75 that sat up for 3 years. Last October I Flushed the entire fuel system and rebuilt the carburetors. Also I replaced the rectifier. It ran great. Well it has been sitting since October; I pulled it out Sat. morning and hooked the hose to it and it...
  2. CommonArcWelder

Wanted: Solid Mounts for OMC

Hey feller's. Looking for some solid mounts for a 96' 225 Evinrude. Thanks, Keith
  3. CommonArcWelder

Fully Welded Nosecone? Best torque tab?

Does anyone other than Titus offer a fully welded nosecone? I'm putting together another lower unit for my 225 Rude since my last one met its demise.... Hit something at about 80= Broke the torque tab off and cracked the starboard side of the case right above the bell. Thanks, Keith
  4. CommonArcWelder

Johnson V8 vs. V6 gearcase

Anyone know if the Johnson V8 gearcase housing will bolt up to my 1996 Evinrude 225? Thanks, Keith:confused:
  5. CommonArcWelder

Tell-Tail Stopping up on Evinrude 225

Having this problem constantly. This is on a 96' 225 Evinrude. The tell-tail is actually a piece that screws into the middle, through the midsection. Has anyone had this problem before. Can i change this to a fitting with a 1/4" hose? I believe the fitting is 3/4" NPT. It has about a 3/32" hole...
  6. CommonArcWelder

Ally XTB Windshield For Sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALLISON-XTB-BASS-BOAT-TINTED-WINDSHIELD-VISOR-1986_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26455QQihZ002QQitemZ120243059212QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
  7. CommonArcWelder

Opinions please.....Boyesen Reeds

I have run these reeds in bikes with great success. Recently broke a stock reed on #6. I think i'm gonna replace them all with a set of Boyesen's. Whats yall's opinion on these? Thanks!!!
  8. CommonArcWelder

Spark plugs QL82YC vs. L82YC

Does anyone know if it is safe for me to run the Champion L82YC plug in my 1996 225 Evinrude. I believe the L82YC is a non-resistor type plug?:confused:
  9. CommonArcWelder

Trying to restore my color...

Trying to restore the color on my 2002. It is lightly oxidized. I'll be using a buffer. What kind of compound ya'll reccomend? Also, is there an easier way to clean the grainy surfaces like on the front, rear, and the inside (all full of old wax). Thanks, Keith
  10. CommonArcWelder

Does anyone have there transducer mounted on skid plate?

If so can you post some pics? I hate to drill holes in my boat......:confused:
  11. CommonArcWelder

Crack in gearcase

Pulled lower unit off today to change water pump and paint. Noticed a crack on portside 2 5/8 inches long right below centerline prop shaft. Anybody had this problem? Any ideas why? I went ahead and beveled the entire crack and welded it out. Gonna go run it in the morning.:furious
  12. CommonArcWelder

What's the difference in the XR series Mercury's?

I'm curious. Thanks!!
  13. CommonArcWelder

what liter is it?

Got ahold of a 1988 150 Black Max. Wondering if it was a 2.0 or 2.4.....I'm dumb when it comes to a Mercury. Thanks in advance!:confused:
  14. CommonArcWelder

27 SRX on an XB2002

Has anyone run one of these? Prop was offered to me for $100.00.....Jump on it or leave it alone? Thanks......:smile
  15. CommonArcWelder

Castrol Outboard Oil

Does anyone use this? If so, what do you think about it? There is alot of people around here running it.
  16. CommonArcWelder

OMC Midsection

Does anyone know if a midsection from an 86' 200hp OMC will fit a 96' OMC 225? Lower unit to mid looks the same but not sure about the powerhead to mid. Thanks.:confused:
  17. CommonArcWelder

H.i.n.

Does anyone know how to "READ" the hull identification number on an Ally? If so will I be able to figure out if the transom on my 88' XB2002 is wood or composite? Thanks Guys.:confused:
  18. CommonArcWelder

What's The Proper Way To Measure Shaft Length?

Hi Guys. Is it actual shaft length or is it measured from the prop shaft? Thanks.
  19. CommonArcWelder

Evinrude Powerpack Problems

I have a 1976 35 'RUDE that I have been running on my little boat for years. I've put two new powerpacks on it this year alone. And yesterday on the way back from my deerstand I burnt another one. Its like something else is causing them to fry? Any ideas? I've never come across this problem...
  20. CommonArcWelder

Evinrude 225 Vindicater

Is the 1996 Rude' 225 a 3.0 litre? Thanks guys.