Search results

1. C

Ran my Grand Sport with the new engine!

Sold the 280 that came with the boat from LAAllison.New engine is a 250 EFI XB 3.0 :gasp. Boat ran 87.9 gps solo with a full tank.Lower unit is stock :idiot with no nose cone.(1:75).Runing a 27 trophy 4 blade as the test prop. I think shes got more potential!Slipping bad in hard turns...
  2. C

Giving my 1991 Grand Sport a face lift.

I sold my Merc 280 and Crown Leisure Marine is installing an EFI 250 Merc that is more salt water,fuel,and pocket book friendly.They are putting on quick ratio hydralic steering during the engine swap also. I removed all the decals and pin striping and we are installing the new Allison...
  3. C

2002 Merc 280 value?

Hey guys.I am going to sell the engine off of the boat I bought from LAAllison.The 280 has about 90 hours and a sportmaster foot.I have heard they go from 7000 to 10000.Before I posted it on the bigger forums I was wondering where I could find a good used value on the engine.Cant find sht on NADA.
  4. C

I have some newbie questions.

Bought a Grand Sport with a 280 from a forum member.Have some questions about the things I have read here. What is an et prop? Can someone explain the XS,XB,XR,etc and how the different models are identified.I have no idea about the 2001,2003,etc.I keep thinking its the damn year...
  5. C

Tunnel hull came apart in front of me today

We were in the Biloxi river (Mississippi) earlier today.I was in my Allison XS 2003 with two other boats that were running together,I don't personally know either one of the owners.One boats was an older XB Allsion and one appeared to be an older STV tunnel hull. We started haulin *** at the...
  6. C

New to the brand.Handling questions.

Just bought the 1991 Grand Sport with the 2002 280 from fishriverallison and his dad LAAllison who was kind enough to pull the boat over here to Biloxi MS from Fairhope AL. My questions are that I am having a hard time handling the boat when I back off the throttle at 60 + mph.I know your...