Search results

1. C

What's wrong with ETEC 200?

I am not having any problem at all with my 3.0.It will run mid 80s with some to spare (no nose cone) and handles great.I think the 300xs would be awsome on the 20 footers.
  2. C

300 XS on Grand Sport

I love the way my handles with the 3.0.With four people and a full tank the rear rub rail sits level with the water.
  3. C

XB03 (High Speed Porpose)

Had the same problem with my GS with a 28 hydromotive.Swapped to a 27 Laser and the problems gone.Completly different hull though. BTW,a propose at 80 :gasp how long did it take to get the skid marks off the drivers seat.:beer:
  4. C

How often do you need to freshen up a 280

A drag boat racer/dealer/mech told me 120 hours.He also said why put new rings on worn pistons.He replaced both at the same time.Pricey though.
  5. C

What is MORE stupid than???

BTW, I am noticing more and more red neck bashing out of you lately RA.HHHMMMMM.I'm offended! Oh well,I have a date with my 1st cousin so I'll see ya later.:big grin
  6. C

Grandsport setup with 150hp

I would use the 24.I am pretty sure your GS will be faster.There are GS around here with newer 150s running in the 70s.
  7. C

What is MORE stupid than???

That was awesome!:beer: I thought for sure that Suzuki would break in half! I did something really close in a Wrangler on time.I tore off both step boards, busted the windshield,and spilled my :cuss.
  8. C

Grandsport setup with 150hp

If your able try props before you buy one.What are you going to do with it and how many people will be riding? I would think 70 if you were light. I'm kinda new to the game but its my off season at work so I have been playing alot.I have probally used 120 gallons of fuel in the last two...
  9. C

Ran my Grand Sport with the new engine!

Dropped the engine one notch on the rapid jack and it cured the turning problem. I had no idea how much time went into setting up a new motor on an Allison.I have had to run the boat a couple of times a week :beer:.It was nice ridin in a tshirt today.Nice weather for Dec.
  10. C

Same holes,I quess I have no say so in the matter because Chris adjust it and says tell me what it does.
  11. C

It wont do one of the low speed turns you can feel in your stomach right now.Slips at 40mph trimmed down in a normal river bend if that explains anything.
  12. C

Boat drove really well with the current set up.Just slips bad in turns.Would the cone help that as well?
  13. C

I have heard from a number of guys that have ran GSs into the 90s with no cone.I still think it would be money well spent though. Titus or Bobs?
  14. C

Oh yeah, Thats the fastest I have ever been on the water with me at the helm!:beer: I'm hooked! (no pun intended)
  15. C

Sold the 280 that came with the boat from LAAllison.New engine is a 250 EFI XB 3.0 :gasp. Boat ran 87.9 gps solo with a full tank.Lower unit is stock :idiot with no nose cone.(1:75).Runing a 27 trophy 4 blade as the test prop. I think shes got more potential!Slipping bad in hard turns...
  16. C

Hello from Ms

:beer::beer: I am Mississippi Coast trash myself!:at the bar
  17. C

GS windshield

Sorry i missed you 228-990-1465
  18. C

Stroker Boats?

There is one being set up at my dealership that has head lights (wtf) and a 300xs.With a 34 hyrdomotive it ran 105.Chris said it felt like it was gonna blow out any second.:beer: As for gettin the XB21s runnin those #s. We've seen 'em run 103+ before so I don't think it'd be much of a...
  19. C

Have you ever done this to an Allison??

Must be rough.I was sweatin my azz off today and gettin chewed on by bugs.I don't think its ever gonna get cold here.Not that I'm complaining.:beer:
  20. C

Giving my 1991 Grand Sport a face lift.

First run and the boat blew out but didn't hook.Still had to throw away my boxer shorts. Lowered the engine 1 notch on the rapid jack and sht canned the trophy 4 blade.TOOOOO much lift.Need to try so mo props.