Search results

1. M

14R restoration

Jim, No set back. running a 15" 70hp OMC triple, engie height is 21.5". I have grafted a Yamaha trim system onto the OMC, which obviously gives me integral trim, and it also gives me tilt tube steering. Oh, and the paint is Awlgrip.
  2. M

14R restoration

Jim, No set back. running a 15" 70hp OMC triple, engie height is 21.5". I have grafted a Yamaha trim system onto the OMC, which obviously gives me integral trim, and it also gives me tilt tube steering
  3. M

Help reconstructing 13r dash

Ronny, I have a 13 with a good dash, but I am in Bermuda. Think it would be cost prohibitive to send to you - wanna come for a visit? I will do if you williing to pay. I have a 14 also, but the dash has been modified, and may be better than original as you can install gauges with less fear...
  4. M

14R restoration

Red, I got them both locally. They were brought in decades ago (1970's) to use for racing, along with 1 or 2 15's. Believe the 15's are in the land fill now, but I do have the Super Strangler that was used on one of them.
  5. M

14R restoration

I am in Bermuda. Believe there are only 2 old Allisons here now and I have them both.
  6. M

14R restoration

More pictures
  7. M

14R restoration

Guys, Just nearing completion of my 14R restoration. As I had enough paint left over, it is basically painted the same of my 13R that I show you a while ago. This 14 was in much worse shape ( and still is) than the 13. Pictures in a few emails. Michael
  8. M

Ok what happened???

Here is what I would do. Trace the wires from the trim motor to where ever they connect to. Disconnect and touch trim wires direct to a battery. If trim now works the problem is in the wiring or the solenoids. If it doesn't, the motor is the issue.
  9. M

13R restoration

Charlie, As the deck on these was designed not to be removed, I figured the easiest/best way to tackle this was with a poured product. Plus it would not rot like wood etc. The most common product is Seacast although it is pricey. I used a product fromArjay Techologies for about half the...
  10. M

13R restoration

RedAllison - love to do it, but it might be a bit expensive bringing it to me, as I am in Bermuda. Actually thinking about restoring a 14' that is here, as the 13' turned out ok and not as hard as I expected. To all of you, thanks for the compliments, I am happy with it, now if I could just...
  11. M

13R restoration

More pictures two
  12. M

13R restoration

More pictures
  13. M

13R restoration

Some pictures during painting
  14. M

13R restoration

Thought I would share a restoration I just did. The boat had been laying unused and untouched in a boat yard for 10 years. Full of trash, water, had plants growing out of it. There was no structural integrity left. I got the boat home and did not have the energy to tackle it, so it sat for...