Search results

1. C

new grandsport

When are they going yo be available ? Cost ? Are they being designed for big rough lakes ? I sold my Grandsport and bought a tank, it is a wave crusher but slow and no fun to drive. I can't wait to get any info on the new boat. Mike
  2. C

Perfect x-s 2003 grandsport

Selling my baby! 2000 Grandsport with 1999 225 Mercury Promax SS . The boat is a Grandsport Elite (hydraulic jackplate, collapsable ski tow bar,twin trim buttons on the wheel, upholstered deck hatches, review mirror and windshield. The motor has a 15 inch mid and comes with a 30 pitch lab...
  3. C

Perfect x-s 2003 grandsport

Selling my baby! 2000 Grandsport with 1999 225 Mercury Promax SS . The boat is a Grandsport Elite (hydraulic jackplate, collapsable ski tow bar,twin trim buttons on the wheel, upholstered deck hatches, review mirror and windshield. The motor has a 15 inch mid and comes with a 30 pitch lab...
  4. C

Lake property

My wife and I are retired and like boating,snowskiing and outdoor type hobbies. We are thinking of maybe extending our summer (we boat in north Idaho) currently getting about 3 months.The lake we are on has been discovered by california and while it is helping real estate values the lake is...
  5. C

225 promax rebuild

I am about to have my motor rebuilt (top main bearing squeaking). I have a call into JSRE and while on the web ran into a Florida company named Outboard Rebuilder that offers a 3 yr warrantee on everything and an additional 3yr warrantee at 50% for 6 years total. Their prices seem very...
  6. C

cable steering luber

I have a grandsport with a 225 15 inch mid. I borrowed a steering luber from John Richied (thanks John) but I am getting ready to lube cables and I remember people talking about how easy it is to kink (damage) the cables when removing them from the motor. John said his was tight but you could do...
  7. C

Cable steering luber

I have heard that some of you have built steering cable lubers. Do they work? My cables are 7 years old and every year they are a little stiffer. I am also thinking of going hydraulic but only outboard mechanic in area said it would cost aprox 1000 in labor alone.There isn't a Allison dealer...
  8. C

muffler plate

I have a 1999 225 promax ss . It has a plate where the exhaust exits that has multiple holes in it . It came off very easy (1 bolt) and didn't seem to make a diference when running (not a lot louder, if any). It ran maybe a little better but I am not sure. What is it (the plate)? Will it hurt...
  9. C

floatation in jackplate cavity

I remember seeing posts that owners were using blow up balls from Wall Mart for floatation.What size and how many.Do you place them in any in any particular spot. I have a Grandsport , 14.5 set back, 225 ss. Thanks Mike
  10. C

Decarbonizing

Thanks for all your help, You guys give me my only imput since I don't know anyone who runs outboards but me.I have never decarbonized. I have always used Merc Hi Perf oil but will be switching to Penzoil 100% synthetic soon. How do you do it and what brand do you recomend. Also what do you gap...
  11. C

225 promax spark plugs

I have a 1999 225 promax ss that I have had since new. I have heard that plugs were expensive so since the motor has always started and ran great I have not even looked at the plugs until now. My motor has NGKBU8H plugs at $1.99 at the local auto store. They have lasted 4 years and have run...