Search results

1. T

Jasper river run

It seems to be getting earlier each year, I’d say about 9:30 eastern. That means everyone is in the water about 10:30ish.
  2. T

Neighbour to the North

Nice ride. That’s a great investment. You need to bring it home to TN someday.
  3. T

Jasper river run

River run with sandbar in the afternoon is my plan as well. No sense in changing a good thing.
  4. T

Jasper river run

That’s a good run, if the wind doesn’t pick up in the afternoon. Maybe I’m a wimp but the main channel of that lake can be brutal when the wind picks up.
  5. T

Jasper river run

I’m planning to stay on the river using the shell mound ramp, but Chuck is 10 minutes from my house. Chick is awful if it is windy.
  6. T

Jasper river run

My understanding is the ODBA season championships have been moved to Chester Frost Park, just north of Chattanooga and the Friday river run remains on Nickajack lake / TN river. Can anyone confirm that and give the dates?
  7. T

2021 Allison Rally role call

I’m coming Thursday thru Saturday. Trading my co pilot for this years rally. Uncle Rudy bought a 38’ Fountain last week - obviously he missed the memo on $4 gas. I’m coming past performance propeller if anyone needs something.
  8. T

2021 Allison Rally role call

I’ll be there Thurs, Friday and Saturday. Specific plans are uncertain. Friend getting married that weekend unless I can talk him out of it. First mistake he made was getting engaged before he had his first boat.
  9. T

Fouling plugs on Merc 280

I used to have the same fouling problem with my 280. Now, as soon as I come off plane and idling, I trim up. No more problem. These motors do not idle well. Trim up, idle all day. I’d try that first before you burn more time chasing this problem. If you plan to idle and search for fish with...
  10. T

Fuel tank size

Msethsmile2 is mostly correct. My 280/XB03 drinks it. I have 30 gallon tank and carry 5 for Jasper. I come in on fumes. And if I run hard early might not make it. I wouldn’t get anything smaller than 30 gallons. You can always partially fill it but carrying gas in the boat sucks. I usually ride...
  11. T

2021 Rally Date

Yep. Arrowhead is clean and just down the slew from Terrace View. I’ve looked at ABB but can’t find good location at reasonable price for just a few nights. Plus, I pull my boat out of the water at night. AH and TV both have good ramps and parking and ice.
  12. T

SRX on Allison

I have a 27 SRX I ran on my 2003 until I stitched to a fat shaft. It ran great so I have kept it just in case I rebuild my old lower for a new project.
  13. T

Just purchased XB2003

I’m same as you, never tournament fish. I can’t tell any difference when I have 2 batteries vs 3 (s+t+t). I can tell when the balance is off.
  14. T

Allison owner

Welcome. Where are you from in TN?
  15. T

Just purchased XB2003

I run 24v Foretrex and it works great all day in current and wind. No GPS on it though.
  16. T

Jasper 2020

I look forward to meeting you. I’ll be on the river this weekend making sure I didn’t forget how to drive! I’ve only been out once since the rally.
  17. T

Jasper 2020

I live in Chattanooga and can help out. I’ll check on fuel at the turn around this week. It’s usually 89 no ethanol. Chattanooga has a mask order too so if you are going to lunch, bring a mask to get into the restaurant.
  18. T

Looking for a xb2003

I saw one for sale last week on Craigslist in Nashville
  19. T

Rough itinerary for rally

At some point we stop riding to buy gas... Mark, you coming?
  20. T

Rough itinerary for rally

I’d like to make the run to Emory on Thursday or Friday.