Search results

1. JWolff

24 Bravo I

Selling a 24 Bravo I with no pvs holes. As far as I know it has zero mods to the prop. Tried it on my boat for tubing and did not like it. $300 plus 50/50 on the ride.
  2. JWolff

Tubing/Skiing Props

What is everybody using nowadays for tubing/skiing props? Clarify gearing also please. I have 1.62 gears. Pull two kids that weigh about 140lbs total. I ran a Robbie modified 26 Bravo XS this summer and it worked for tubing but I felt that the motor was not liking it. Rpms not quite high...
  3. JWolff

2003 250XS ECU Compatibility

I want to buy a second ECU for my 250XS to see if I am getting the same issues with a different ECU. Can anybody tell me what other models/years of motors I can look at? Right now I am assuming 2003-2005 250XS's only. These have the lower rev limit and higher octane requirements.
  4. JWolff

Allison Dealers in NW part of US

Thinking of selling my 2+2 and buying a new one. Would love to buy from Sanderson's but if I use mine for a trade in I don't want to drive 2800 miles each way. Thought about Fishin World which is 1900 miles each way. Plus, we are huge Cowboys fans so the kids want to go to a game if we go down...
  5. JWolff

Mystery wires on 250xs

All 3 pics are the same just zooming out so you get the picture of where the wires are. Wondering what they are for since they are not hooked up to anything. Smartcraft? 2003 Mercury 250xs. Starboard side. Boat is still all original with analog gauges.
  6. JWolff

2003 Mercury 250XS Stalling When Under Load

This is a continuation of my stalling issues on my Merc. If you remember the story skip to the attachments and let me know if the diagnostic results show anything that jumps out at you. If you don’t remember my story, read below. My 2003 Mercury 250XS has been stalling out for the past year and...
  7. JWolff

Motor Beep with New Battery

So I installed a new X2 battery this winter (something like 1150 cca) and on the maiden voyage on monday I would get a quick half a second beep from the motor when I would trim during initial holeshot. Happened on the majority of the take offs and only at the beginning movement of the motor...
  8. JWolff

Tubing prop

I am currently using a 26p Bravo XS for pulling the kids in the tube. It was stock last year. Got out of the hole fine but had to keep all 8 pvs open otherwise it would bog too much on holeshot. My problem is when going around 20 mph and just barely staying on plane the rpms were a little low...
  9. JWolff

Installing a Foil

What are the white washers for, between foil and cavitation plate?
  10. JWolff

Sharpies on soft plastics

I have some charteuse boot tail swim baits that i was thinking of adding a few vertical black stripes to look more perch. Do you think the ink smell will be a deterrent?
  11. JWolff

2003 250XS Water Pressure

What would be the expected result of running too low of water pressure for an extended time? Alarms and then shut down? Motor meltdown with no alarms? Something else? The reason I ask, I have been trying to figure out why my motor keeps shutting down with no warning or alarms. The issue seemed...
  12. JWolff

Sportmaster LU with Alli mod

To perform the Alli mod to the trailing edge of the sportmasters do they bend the tail while on the LU or do they cut the back section of the LU off, bend the little approx. 6"tall x 2"wide piece of metal and weld it back onto the LU? I had always assumed the tail edge was rolled while the...
  13. JWolff

Old school trim gauge vs smartcraft

Trying to figure appropriate running angles for my motor with an old school trim gauge. All you guys with newer boats keep quoting smartcraft numbers. Can anybody compare my gauge placement to an approximate smartcraft number so i know if i am still needing more trim or if i am getting carried...
  14. JWolff

Another style rear bench in a 21

I have always liked the idea of a bench in the back of my 2+2 but not the idea of stepping on the vinyl to get to the rear deck. So instead of buying the very nice full bench i opted with going for the bass boat look where the center is a fold down seat that replaced the trash can in the 21's. I...
  15. JWolff

DIY Umbrella Holder

I have been looking for an umbrella holder for months but couldnt find anything i liked. So i made something that should help get some relief from the blazing sun this summer. Everything from Home Depot. About $30 into it for umbrella, pvc, coupling and spray paint. 1 1/4 pvc coupled to one...
  16. JWolff

Side Imaging wiring

I got my side imaging transducer mounted on the transducer shield but trying to figure which way is best for running the wire from the transducer up into the boat. The best I see so far is running it inside the jackplate but I hate having approx 12" of loose cable. Or option 2 is to use adhesive...
  17. JWolff

Storing spare props on boat

What do you guys put your spare prop in while storing in the boat? I had a nice little plastic doughnut case that holds the smaller props that I used on my old boat but these bigger props are not fitting. Want protection since the prop is in with the anchor acting as ballast in the port rear...
  18. JWolff

Cleaning underside of hull

On my xb21 the fenders come right up to the boat so I can not wipe down the portion of the hull inside the fenders. What do you guys use to get in there and get the entire hull wiped down after each use? Was thinking of something like a little mop or something similar. John
  19. JWolff

PVS Plugs on BravoXS and Hydro XOB on 21fter?

Trying to get a head start on prop experimentation. How many holes (if any) do you guys plug on the Bravo XS and Hydro XOBs on the XB21s. I have ran the BravoXS 26" once with all the holes wide open and the holeshot wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. Wondering if a couple plugs...
  20. JWolff

26p Trophy Plus - SOLD

I have an allison cut 26p Trophy Plus for sale. Looks and feels perfect. No burrs or cracks or anything. The only thing that shows it is not new is when it was worked for the allison cut it was polished and most of the embossing was rubbed off, as shown in the pics, but you can just barely see...