Search results

1. D

hyd steering xb2002 install question

When you take old system out, If you don't plan on reusing old cable, cut them off with a grinder, will save a lot of work. You will need to make the hole in the dash a little larger. You will need another steering wheel or adaptor. Your standard on the wheel trim buttons won't work. I went...
  2. D

XB03 (High Speed Porpose)

Was there any work done to the pad or lip? The only time I seen an allison porpoise at high speed the lip had been repaired. Worked the lip down a little and it went away.
  3. D

Help with console conversion ??

I don't live very far from you. You are welcome to come look at mine if you like. Call me 715-5257
  4. D

Loose carpet

Thats what I had to do in a few places on my 2002. The glue is drying out and letting go. I pulled it back cleaned it up and re-glued. Worked good. My carpet still looks great, but I'll probably replace it this winter, because I know the glue is probably getting bad all over. Good luck.
  5. D

motor height

If you are the Ron Robinson that lives on the Diversion Canal, bring it by the house and I'll check it for you.
  6. D

Buying Stainless Marine Trim Indicator-???

Hey chad, You can come anytime, or let me know, and I'll meet you on the water. I got the more expensive model (350). It looks good, with the red and white indicator.
  7. D

Buying Stainless Marine Trim Indicator-???

Finished installing my stainless marine trim yesterday. It was easy to install, and looks and works great. No more guessing where my trim is.
  8. D

280 idle speed

Chad' Sent you a private message.
  9. D

280 idle speed

Thanks for all of the input. Checked all settings again, and they are O.K. Its not that big of a problem with the 900 RPM idle, but would be more user friendly a little lower. I'm checking with someone about one more thing to try. If it works I will let you know.
  10. D

280 idle speed

It could be a lot of things. I know they are very sensative to their plugs. If you haven't changed plugs for a while, I would try that.
  11. D

280 idle speed

I always start in gear too. I was just using that to demonsrate how fast it is idling. I did check all of the settings, except the timing pick up gap a while back. I wasn't sure how to check it. I think I'll go with the manual, and check all the settings including the timing gap. I tried closing...
  12. D

280 idle speed

I just went back and read the manual. In the specifications table it says idle RPM (900 in gear,) Idle timing - (not adjustable, controlled by ECU. ) I guess it is doing what it should. Going to smaller pitch prop would help some.
  13. D

280 idle speed

I have the manual, and it says the idle speed is in the computer and not adjustable. I bought the motor used and someone may have done something. I start in gear, and you are right, it won't shift because of the high idle speed. I have the comsumer version. I will go back and read the manual...
  14. D

280 idle speed

I have a 280SS on a Allison 2002XB, and it idles at 900 RPM's in gear at about 5.5 MPH. What does your 280 idle at. I have to cut motor off a good ways from trailer so I don't hit the trailer too fast. I'm worried about getting a ticket in idle zones, and I can't shift in gear at all. Just...
  15. D

Mechanical trim indicator

Chad, I need to get one too, since I have the 280SS now. How hard is it to install?
  16. D

Where do you live?

St. Amant Louisiana, between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, On the bank of the Diversion Canal. XB-2002, 280 SS
  17. D

what year?

I know it was out in 88 because I owned one, and I'm pretty sure it was out in 86 or 87. I bought a new 88 model in December of 87, so you should be O.K.
  18. D

225 to 260,,,fuel and speed?

I think everything posted here is correct. It boils down to personal preferance. I have been all over the spectrum with motors on a 2002. I now have a SS 280, and love it. I like the extra power, even though I don't use it very often. I guess I just like knowing its there if needed. On the other...
  19. D

Omc L.e.

Scott, check your private messages.
  20. D

starting in gear

I have read everyones opinions and respect each one. Starting in gear is a personal dicision. Everyone uses their boat differently and should make their decision accordingly. I have run with my neutral safety swith bypassed for over 20 years, and never had a problem. I know it only takes one...