Search results

1. H

Merc experts: need some info

I would say that the block probably was a 260 block and not a 245 block as there is no holes from the recirculation nipple going into the ports. Nick.
  2. H

Dodged a bullet (no pun intended)

Check the injector harness routing, usually when that injector comes unplugged, the linkage to the SVS is knocking it off. Reroute it between the front half and the shift/throttle bracket. Hope this helps. Nick.
  3. H

Piston's!!!

The Mercury rings and the Wizard rings are not interchangable, the thickness and/or taper is different, even though the are both a Wiseco forging. This was done as a legality issue. Also, it is recommended that the Ti rings should only be used on a block with fresh nikisil and diamond hone and...
  4. H

Rumble On The River

I did not go to the Rumble, but was wondering if any xr-2001 or xr-2002 showed up this year and if they did how well they ran? Been looking at pics from there and haven't spotted any, just a couple of SS's, GS's and some bassers. Nick.
  5. H

Top pins coming out

I have seen one Mercury top pin piston pin come out on a customers stock 260. It was kind of a bummer because he had replaced a mint set of side pins in fear of a pin walking. The motor only had maybe 3 hours. Have not seen/heard of another since. Have not heard of a Marles failure yet until...