Search results

1. N

Billge Pump - Removal 1/2 way done. Please help!

Okay, so I have a 88' XTB-21. I have removed the oil tank, battery, and shelf allowing access into the lower portion of the hull. I have located the bilge pump and it is def. under the gas tank. :banghead I removed the top half of the bilge pump, but the bottom half is still attached to...
  2. N

XTB-21 or XB 21 2+2 (WANTED)

Please let me know if you have one or know where one is at. Would perfer one with a couple of years on her. Thanks, ya'll!!
  3. N

Paint

Allright, Starting to explore the thought of getting the boat repainted for personal reasons. Does anyone know of any shop that has experience in repainting Alli's, knows the boats, and does a good job? Thanks!
  4. N

Locking consoles XTB-21

All... Ran into small issue here. When I got my boat I got all the keys for dry boxes etc... Or, so I thought. I have never until recently had any reason to lock the console infront of the steering wheel or the compartment between the two rear seats. Thus, I realized I am short a key...
  5. N

Mercury 200 HP Question

I have a 88' 200 on a XTB-21 that is currently running at 46mph at 4300 rpm's. Does this sound right to you all? I thought that a 200 would push this Allison a little faster than this. I have been our 18'10" ranger with a 175 and can run 60 no prob. Both boats loaded the same. Thoughts?
  6. N

XTB-21 Leaning to oneside

Only on plane that is. After I get up running on plane it seems as if the boat is leaning to left. She seems to be approx. 1ft higher running at 45mph. I have the boat pretty balanced "I think". Left side: Trolling Motor/front, 4 rods in rod box, son 60lbs, Dad 165lbs, 1 trolling motor...
  7. N

88' 200 Mercury Problem

All, My outboard has been becoming more difficult to start at the boat ramp. Could have to crank on it for up to 10 minutes before it will finally start running. Then, after it's ran for a while if I turn off the key typically it will restart relatively easily. Although, sometimes if...
  8. N

88' XTB 21 Driveability

Guys, I have finally gotten the Allison out and run her a few times on the water. I have had it up around 30 mph, but she seems to not take to the waves very well. I am only talking a small white cap here if that. Although, also had a cross current from water being let out of the dam...
  9. N

200 Mercury Question

Concern - The motor has been sitting for about 2-5 years.. EDIT: It is a 1988 model Any recommendations on what I should do? Or, simply drain the tank, re-fuel, new battery and fire it up and watch for water spitting out the back? :confused: Thanks,
  10. N

New Allison Owner - XTB-21 1988 - Need Help

Hey all, New to the forum as well as to new to Allison. My boat has been garage set the last couple of years. Any recommendations on what to do/check/work on before I put in on the water? Also, the boat has 3 batteries wired up in a way I am not used to. Can someone please help me...