Search results

1. XXXR2001

Not one response? 18’ Allison ?? - Need information from the group.

You didn't give enough information to get a response! Is it a bass or ski boat? Are you sure it was early 70's? Post a pic an someone will respond.
  2. XXXR2001

13ft xr2001 copy

Whats the difference between that boat (13' Ally' ?) and a Critchfield? Looks like a Critchfield with a modified deck to me.
  3. XXXR2001

Approximately how many A boats built a year?

If you're going to spend the money on a new boat, I'd suggest looking at the newly resurrected XR2002. It's better in almost every way than the SS2000. The way a boat looks is a personal matter so I completely understand if you're locked in on the SS due to aesthetics but if you can get past...
  4. XXXR2001

Allison factory cover

Pretty sure the new covers have the soft liner. I see a ton of people who like to think they're protecting their boat with a cover but they put it over the boat after trailering / when dirty. IMO that just gets dirt trapped under the cover and it'll keep scratching the surface unless you wash...
  5. XXXR2001

125+

Talk to Rodney King. He'd mentioned to me several years ago about wanting to do some high speed runs with his XB. Not sure how fast he ended up going but he's someone with a lot of xb seat time.
  6. XXXR2001

There's no excuse for this crap!

I agree. Within 2-3 years of buying my Drag, it was resting on the center roller. Also had a friend with a 01 Drag resting on the rear roller. Seems like a little more effort (and I mean very little) could have prevented damage! To be honest.....I really do not like the Boatmate trailer...
  7. XXXR2001

Promax injector removal

I'd just find a reputable local shop to clean & flow them. Theres nothing special about the injectors. If you want to send them off to a boat shop, I'd go with Power Performance....... http://www.powerperformanceengineering.com/
  8. XXXR2001

Promax injector removal

Some tips: * Scribe the cylinder # on each injector as you take them out. Depending on how they flow after being cleaned you may or may not want to install them back in the same hole but you'll know what you've got. (Usually you'll want the 2 highest flowing injectors on #'s 5 & 6, the 2...
  9. XXXR2001

CRT web site is live!!!

True! But....who would pay 15k for a new block then turn around and put a used crank & rods in it? I would think the average customer who is willing to buy one of these will want a new crank and the Auto Verdi rods. This new CRT block sounds badass but if ya break a crank or rod it's gonna...
  10. XXXR2001

CRT web site is live!!!

Think I can comfortably say that no outboard boat is doing a 5 sec (gps not stopwatch) 120mph 1/8th....especially with only 400hp. A crazy light boat with a lot (200hp+) shot of nitrous might might get close to 5 on a stopwatch but there is a large difference between that and gps or radar...
  11. XXXR2001

CRT web site is live!!!

I'd guess $25k for drop on powerhead, $40k+ for a complete 12" race motor if you use new parts.
  12. XXXR2001

Thoughts on a Center Steer GS?

I think it'll be easier to balance without much weight but it's not going to be any less quirky in the handling department. Just enjoy it for what it is! I really liked a lot of things about the GS I owned. To me...it always required a lot of attention to drive. It was hard to just let it...
  13. XXXR2001

SS Top speed

25 knob cut and 26 chopper? Are you joking? A good 26 Yam or ET should smoke both of those old school props. No wonder you haven't been able to get the SS to run. BTW, the smaller pitch 4 blade mazcos run very well...a little torquey on the wheel but they're not slow.
  14. XXXR2001

NEW XR2002 if anyone wants one link

If you want one, don't rely on your post here. Call Lee Sanderson, the dealer who made this post originally. If there were not enough orders before, yours could be the one that makes it happen!
  15. XXXR2001

boat race at Santee Cooper SC

I didn't realize there was behind the scenes drama going on. Just assumed only his posts on the thread were disagreeable.
  16. XXXR2001

Yeah please don't censor the guy just because he expressed his opinion. Sadly, this is about the most exciting thread on this forum in a long while.
  17. XXXR2001

This guy has never said a lot about his boat or done any bragging that I'm aware of but my money would be on this one as the quickest, fastest, whatever you want to call it....."bass boat" in the world. I don't think he races it but in the right hands I think you couldn't get inside 4 boat...
  18. XXXR2001

Here is the ODBA race schedule for 2015. If you want to see how fast you are, a sanctioned race would be the place to do it. The Conway race should be close. MAY 16-17 Stockton, AL JUN 20-21 Conway, SC JUL 25-26 Waycross,GA AUG 22-23 Wetumpka, AL SEP 12-13 Bainbridge, GA OCT 10-11...
  19. XXXR2001

Lithium wheelchair deep cycle batteries fraction of "marine"

not enough amps for trim and definitely not enough for cranking. that is why they are much cheaper.
  20. XXXR2001

About every xb2002 with a drag motor could probably run trips in 800' with the right prop.....that ain't really saying alot.