Search results

1. Lightning

oil bath hubs

Mine did the same thing. Turned out to be leaking from the fill plug. Lucky it was an easy fix. Mine is a 2006 so it may not be the same, but here is a link to the manual of mine. http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs...aintenance.pdf
  2. Lightning

Bass Boat Crash

He's a idiot and lucky he didn't hurt the people in the other boat for tryin to show off in front of a camera.
  3. Lightning

premium plus synthetic Pennzoil

Merc don't make oil, they make motors and sell oil as a side buisness just like hats and shirts. They contract it out to Pennzoil or some other other manufacturer and jack the price up. Get a respected name brand oil that meets the specs for your motor and you will be fine.
  4. Lightning

30 pro et mint

What hub?
  5. Lightning

Allison red book

I'd still like a copy also. kevin_vidrine@suddenlink.net I have also tried to buy this directly from Allison also. Always out. I thought this site was for Alley owners to help each other out.
  6. Lightning

Tongue weight tandem GS?

Whipper mine is around 80-100 lbs.
  7. Lightning

Allison red book

I'd like to read it also. kevin_vidrine@suddenlink.net
  8. Lightning

1998 xb 2003

Here is one close to me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-20FT-ALLISON-2003XB-/220597112795?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Fishing_Boats&hash=item335c9ccfdb#v4-34
  9. Lightning

Over Hub Props

Shows full throttle rpm is 6800, but it turns up to 7000 before the rev limiter kicks in. Unless my tach is off.
  10. Lightning

Over Hub Props

Thanks guys for all of the replies. Really good info. I will have to try lowering the motor to see what happens. I thought that the ET was supposed to run higher than the Trophy. Never tried going lower with the motor. I think the best advise is to sell this prop. I really don't like the way the...
  11. Lightning

Over Hub Props

Have a hydraulic plate. Moved it around and the best speed was slower than the Trophy Plus.
  12. Lightning

Over Hub Props

I have a GS with a 2.5XS and it had a 26 Trophy Plus on it when I bought it. It runs good all around with this prop, but it hits the rev limiter at 7K at right at 90. So I buy a 14 1/2" 28P lab finished Mercury Lightning ET for top end expecting it to get off the limiter and a few more mph. It's...
  13. Lightning

Jesse James

Don't matter how good they look, somebody's sick of there sh*t!!
  14. Lightning

Will the real Ed Brown please stand up?

This link must be in a top secret fourm.
  15. Lightning

They ALL crack there!!!

Listed at 18' also. He really knows his stuff.
  16. Lightning

Grandsport w/o power

What year is it?
  17. Lightning

Grandsport ski pole

I built my own except for the pylon and trim ring. I bought those from Dana Marine. I also bought a quick release pin from McMaster Carr. Here is some pics.
  18. Lightning

2010 allison calender

I'll take a couple also.
  19. Lightning

Grandsport, 150 XR6, Hotboat May 93

I remember that article. I was 23 at the time with a sh*t job. It was the first time I had seen an Allison and I swore that I would own one one day. Only had to wait 14 years but it was well worth it.
  20. Lightning

Some questions to get me started.

Octane actually increases as the gas ages. The higher the octane rating the slower and more controlled the fuel burns.