Ultrex 112 Installed!

Tim Powell

Got the Ultrex installed and in the recess without spacers. I ended up cutting the back corners of the pedal off with a dremel. The recess is too narrow in the rear to make the pedal mount in the same holes as the Fortrex pedal. I failed to take a pic showing what I cut off but basically about 1" of the left and right side of each rear corner of the plastic....when I did the original test fit I didn't have the bottom plate on and it was farther back but when I put the bottom plate on it pushed the pedal farther forward. I ended up trimming the both rear corners of the bottom plate but wasn't able to get it back quite as far as without.

Long story short, it's in and functional. I am not 100% happy with it but it is as good as it will get without major modifications to the pedal or boat.

The pictures make it look like it is touching the front graph trim piece but there is about 1/4" gap between the pedal and the trim piece.

Allyfishing

Got the Ultrex installed and in the recess without spacers. I ended up cutting the back corners of the pedal off with a dremel. The recess is too narrow in the rear to make the pedal mount in the same holes as the Fortrex pedal. I failed to take a pic showing what I cut off but basically about 1" of the left and right side of each rear corner of the plastic....when I did the original test fit I didn't have the bottom plate on and it was farther back but when I put the bottom plate on it pushed the pedal farther forward. I ended up trimming the both rear corners of the bottom plate but wasn't able to get it back quite as far as without.

Long story short, it's in and functional. I am not 100% happy with it but it is as good as it will get without major modifications to the pedal or boat.

The pictures make it look like it is touching the front graph trim piece but there is about 1/4" gap between the pedal and the trim piece.

great job Tim. What did you do to build up the corners that you ground down?

Tim Powell

I thought about building them up but for now the corners are open. I don't see it hurting anything but I may revisit the pedal this winter.

I used the Ultrex yesterday for the first time while fishing (other than to load and unload at Jasper) and I can see this totally changing the way I fish. I never touched the pedal and used only the small remote.

RiverRocket

Told ya!!! Remote only. They are so awesome.

You do now have me sold on 36V. I'm fishing a heavy current river now that I'm in the North, my 24V holds up fine. It just can't go up river very fast. Current is about 2mph and I max out just over that.

This is totally and Allison question...... How fast can you get your 36V going?