Incoming....New Hub

ROBERT CROSS

I got tired of re-gorrilla-glueing the strips on....this is a dense rubber collar bonded to the cast stainless hub.

Hope to get out with it this weekend.

Last edited:

Lotus 50

I have one. I had to pound it into my 28 Trophy with a hammer and a piece of wood. It's a bit better shifting but not dramatic enough to buy another or pry it out for when I run a different prop.

ROBERT CROSS

Two outings with it so far, installed in our 26p Q4 OT. Put it in the freezer & coated with silicone grease, easier but still had to press in.
First thing I noticed, no shift clunk....much better.
Also lessened the vibration from the solid mounts in the 200xs, at about 3000 rpm there was some nasty harmonics....much better now.

If it holds up well I'll get another for the 25p Q4 round ear next spring.

dubmoney

Copy that PKSTV. My girl friend thinks I am the dumbest person in the world when, I break a lower unit.

xb03fs

I like the ssr hd hub I have one in each of my props.

It engages metal to metal under load (solid) and has abOut 1/8" rubber cushioning when not under load to absorb shift clunk.

Mercury used their brains on this one.

Only down side is the must be pressed in pressed out. So it's good to have a regular hub for test days

ROBERT CROSS

I like the ssr hd hub I have one in each of my props.

It engages metal to metal under load (solid) and has abOut 1/8" rubber cushioning when not under load to absorb shift clunk.

Mercury used their brains on this one.

Only down side is the must be pressed in pressed out. So it's good to have a regular hub for test days
^
x2
Can't feel the shift....even with the 28p, sooper!!

At a $110, I plan to get another for my hole shot'r, keep the three repaired hubs for my whap-A-rock spare.

Do they offer it for a small shaft?
Give 'em a call

Bob

mxzx

Thanks for posting about this new hub. Sounds like a way better hub than the old one with the stupid plastic strips that always fall off. I will definitely be getting one for my GSE with 200xs.