Can't break 60 in xtb

jeremy hood

Update: tried a 25 cleaver (because it was there) found alot more speed but only took it to 60ish. Felt loose as hell and got away from me on the way down. Didn't hook but got my attention. Put on a 26 big eared chopper and ran into the 60's with alot more stability. Didn't push my luck because I've got less than 10 hours in the boat. I'll be ordering a set of brackets from bill to get more setback for sure but it's amazing the difference different style props even with the same pitch will make on these boats. Thanks again for all of your help and ideas.

jeremy hood

Found my prop! 28 4 blade hoss. First time I've been able to hold the boat with confidence with all it had. Lost 200 rpm on top bit gained so much stability. Going to move the motor up a little to see if I can find the lost rpm. If not it's time for more hp! Thanks for all the great advice.

jeremy hood

Update: added a 28" 4 blade hoss and an efi 200 with a coned case. Ran it to low 60's with at about 5400 and 1/8 above the pad. With just me and about 150 pounds in the left side of the boat it leans hard to the right. (185lb driver) with 2 in the boat it rides level but I'm steady steering to the left and it's hard to turn the wheel to the left. Drove it probably a mile at that speed today and it takes both hands to turn it left. Easy to the right. Any suggestions? I reblead the seastar and not much changed.

Kmack

There are some torque tabs which attach to the skeg which help some with torque steer. I think TH Marine used to make them.

jeremy hood

I've got one and it's still pretty stiff. Do different lower units make that big of a difference in handling? Wondering if I need this one worked or if it maybe in the steering.

jeremy hood

Bent my skeg over about a 1/4" (wasn't exactly straight) freed it up alot. It's getting better and better every trip. This is definitely a tinkering man's boat.

dubmoney

I may have dyslexia, but tell me if this is true. If you have no torque tab the boat will want to steer right, if you have too much torque tab the boat will want to steer left. I am in the process of grinding my torque tab down so it will go straight. (of course it would be opposite if you have counter rotating lower unit)