DSRA / ODBA 3cyl Class

Yamonster

The 3 cyl class has been accepted into the clubs. The clubs have joined and have parallel rules across the board on every class. The 3 cyl rules will be posted on the DSRA site real soon.

DSRA 2017 3 cyl rules

1. Boat must meet all DSRA safety regulations. Battery and fuel tank secured (bolted, strapped) Lifejacket with leg straps (lifeline or equv. ect.) Working fire extinguisher within reach of driver. Driver must be seat and steering wheels only. No tillers. Hulls must have means of strapping for weighing.

2. Hulls will be limited to Flat, V Bottom and Tunnel. No Hydro or Outrigger style hulls

3. Open fuel

4. No electronics. (no timing computers, controllers ect….)

5. No power adders. (NOS, turbo, blower, ect…)

6. 3 cyl engines only and limited to 86ci. Must have been production fishing outboard before modifications. (60SST OMC allowed) Lower unit must be of the shiftable type and may have low water pickup attached. Mismatching of brands between powerhead and lower unit allowed. Any midsection and trim allowed.

7. Weights will be determined by CI.
  1. 42ci-44ci 780lbs

2. 45ci-62ci 800lbs

3. 63ci-86ci 880lbs

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Supporting Member
What kind of hulls do you expect to be competitive in this class?

nort

Well suited crossover class for t-850 boats.
Allison 13-R
Critchfield
Delta
VooDoo
Rapid Craft
We're likely going to run something similar up here with our new drag organization.

90 5.0

They were a lot of fun to watch at Morgan City, I'm glad yall are coming back. Gives something different for the spectators to see also , which is important in this sport.

NoContact

Any idea what the date will be for the Morgan City races this year? I looked on DSRA website but all I could see was last years schedule. I want to reserve my camping spot asap cause last year the only reason I got one was because someone canceled last minute!

Edit: sorry for being off topic. Found out today the Morgan City races will be held the weekend of June 24-25th. Got my spot reserved! Looking forward to another great time! Races also being held currently this weekend in Catahoula..may try to make it out there Sunday.

Last edited:

Yamonster

MC is June 24-25th
We have had the 1st race this year, great success. 4 boats at that one and three more ready for the next one.