one of a kind xib

Dave Hensley

Good for you. I have always wanted to take an XTB hull and "stretch" an XB 2002 cap to fit it. Like the batteries lined up down the center. Just keep your eye on where the boat balances front to back. The XTB likes it's nose up a little.

marioriojas

Yes David i am keep that in mind i moved the driver back 30" also tacking about 75lbs off the front i think it will be just about perfect i build a 86 xtb dual console and put the fuel tank in the center of the floor but when the tank got low the front got light

Mrbuck50

Couple questions.........
Why the plate on the opposite side of the trolling motor?
What are you fastening to under the gunnel ?
What I said the wall thickens of the tubing?

marioriojas

Couple questions.........
Why the plate on the opposite side of the trolling motor?
What are you fastening to under the gunnel ?
What I said the wall thickens of the tubing?
the plate at the front is to stiffen the nose i moved the deck forward a foot and its week now so thats what there for
i ran a 1/8" angel aluminum 1" wide under the gunnel and .063 aluminum on top made a sandwich epoxy on both bolted and riveted
for the tubing i used 1/8" where i needed hinges and extra support and 16 gage every were else

Kmack

I don't know about anyone else but I am really liking where this project is headed.

Great work and keep posting your progress please.

You may well end up with the greatest bass boat on the water.

Mrbuck50

I love it !!
I am afraid if it turns out like I think it will......I may have to start cutting on mine. I am waiting to hear how it handles after these mods.

Allyfishing

this is awesome. what impresses me most is the talent, skill and balls of the individual doing the work. Any projected idea on the finished weight of the rig compared to origianl? keep the pics coming!!

scj

Are your plans to add an XB-2002-like console? I would think two XB-2002 consoles would fit the deck of the XTB and allow access to the front deck in between them.

Keep up the good work.........

marioriojas

Are your plans to add an XB-2002-like console? I would think two XB-2002 consoles would fit the deck of the XTB and allow access to the front deck in between them.

Keep up the good work.........
if you look at my profile pic you see the dual console xtb i built i want single console this time

Allyfishing

please post some pics of the dual console XTB that you built. I want to see if it's the one I saw a few years ago. thanks

marioriojas

please post some pics of the dual console XTB that you built. I want to see if it's the one I saw a few years ago. thanks
i don't have a lot of pic the boat was stolen a few years back and my computer got destroyed by tornado that had all the build pic but here are few i have i am sure its the same one you saw i don't know of any others

Attachments