Allison factory cover

fnshrmaster

I am interested in a new factory cover for my XTB. I read somewhere that the new style cover comes with a soft liner?

My 03 cover was sunbrella material, worked well but did not have a soft liner. I was considering a cover from sailors tailor in Ohio, very high quality, but I am afraid the material is too abrasive. Works great on my aluminum fishing boat, not so good on a nice shiny Allison. Let me know what you think and if you have a newer cover, do you like it? Do they hold up well? The boat does not sit outside, just occasionally on fishing trips.

Thanks, Kurt

RiverRat71

I would check with Allison first but my boat came with one made by Dallas Canvas & it is nice!! Fits the boat like a glove & is top quality. I don't know if it was custom made for my boat or if they offer one for the GS but it is first class. You might want to give them a call. RR

GotMyAlly

You may want to check with Linda's Lakeside Marine too. They make a great cover, and it is truly custom fit for your trolling motor location, etc. Obviously they need the boat to make it though. I've had both an Allison cover and now a Linda's cover......my choice is the Linda's cover.

scj

The cover's Allison make are not transport covers. Years ago when they outsourced their covers, they offered transport covers but that's been approximately ten years ago............

fnshrmaster

The cover's Allison make are not transport covers. Years ago when they outsourced their covers, they offered transport covers but that's been approximately ten years ago............
Never transported with a cover on. It's hard on the finish, even harder on the cover. It's nice if it's raining out, I try not to travel with the boat in the rain.

scj

Agree, it's easier to wash a boat than it is to buff out blemishes due to pulling with a cover.

Bobalouie

If you are considering a custom cover, just tell them to add felt material to the inside on the points where it touches the boat. Mine had that and although I didnt trailer with it, I seriously doubt if it would have done anything to the gel. The felt was thick and soft. The only problem with it is that little stuff can get stuck in the felt which would scratch stuff up.

XXXR2001

Pretty sure the new covers have the soft liner.

I see a ton of people who like to think they're protecting their boat with a cover but they put it over the boat after trailering / when dirty. IMO that just gets dirt trapped under the cover and it'll keep scratching the surface unless you wash it (cover). No doubt its good for keeping rain out but if the boat ain't clean when you put it on it can't be good for the finish. I use my cover to keep dust out in the garage but thats it.

ROBERT CROSS

We have,(had) both...... the Factory and a custom 'garage' cover. The Allison cover was lined and traveled well, no scratches.
Will have to get both replaced for the new GS.

fullsizeoutput_4e9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_298.jpeg

Used both for Winter storage.

garyroholt

I have an Allison cover they call it a soft touch it was intended as a travel cover. For travel it does not buff the top or windshield but there are areas on the side where the straps come down that rubs the gel.
Had to be really bad weather before I would put it on and travel with it. It isn't 100% water proof either. Water will end up in the carpet. Still have to clean the bottom of the boat after traveling in a rainstorm, My opinion its easier to clean up a dirty boat than have to buff the boat from cover use.

ROBERT CROSS

ATM Restyle here in WNY. They will be doing another one for the New GS.
Any good shop should be able to do it, as long as they have the rig to use as a pattern, take their time and use quality materials. (UV resistant Fabric & THREAD!!)

Where did you get that complete cover? I'd like to have one similar to it.

Attachments