Good cruising prop for xr2001 recommendations.

90 5.0

Most of the larger wheels i own were built for an xb02/03 or my bullet.
I have a few candidates that I think might make an ok cruising prop for the 01 but thinking they might have too much lift for it?

26 hydro quad IV O/T worked for my 03 it needs work
26 offshore /bullet cut chopper it was built for an 02 but has works well on my "3 and bullet. Needs hub repair and general clean up
24 bullet cut chopper, 9/10 condition.
28 performer 4 BC built for my bullet

Would any of these be ok or would they all have to much lift for a light 01?

I'll probublay try them all at some point but if i need to send one in for work I'd like some suggestions or would I be better off just getting a 26 et or yammi drag ?

Want something I can string out for long runs to get seat time and get comfortable with the boat when rigging is finished here soon before next season.

gmorgan

I have an offshore cut 28P chopper that I ran on my xr2001. With an XR6 gearcase, it ran an even 100 at 7,000 rpms and ran 123 at 92 to 9400. I possibly could be talked into selling it since it doesn't do real well on my heavy xb2003. I don't think you want a 26 for cruising or long runs unless you have 1.75 gearing.

90 5.0

Thanks man, I might consider it but I don't mind cruising long distances with a 26 have done it a bunch and with 25's also. Most of the long runs in do I'm not pushing it and like strong acceleration also.

But a 28 or 30 might be good.

I have two gear cases a 1.87 and a 2.0.

nort

Talk to Todd Bucknell about trying one of Hydromotive's Knob Cut Choppers.
I've got a 24 I use on my XR02 for drag racing and a friend of mine ran a worked 28 knob cut on his 15R with a 2.5/245 that was his #1 prop. Handled and ran awesome.

Lotus 50

Allison have a bunch of props for sale on their web site. Under specials under surplus items. It is tempting to buy a couple myself, just because my prop wall got thinned out when I went to the bigger prop shaft.

90 5.0

Allison have a bunch of props for sale on their web site. Under specials under surplus items. It is tempting to buy a couple myself, just because my prop wall got thinned out when I went to the bigger prop shaft.
I didn't really see anything there I liked.

What's with all the laser 2 props, who's running those on an Allison??

Lotus 50

The 28 drag cut is sort of calling to me. Or the 28 Chopper which would go to Todd to become a knob cut.

The Lasers are curious. I used to run one on my SS2000. If I raised the engine much it would rev up while losing speed and the bow would gently drop. Didn't seem like a good thing.

90 5.0

Hopefully boat will finally be in the water next weekend, have had a lot of setbacks and it hasn't moved in a long time.

I never got any of my other props fixed yet so I'm thinking about using the 24 bullet cut chopper for some seat time.

Will this have too much cup and lift? I'll want to run it up pretty hard as soon as I get comfortable and don't want to hook it right off the bat.

I have a 24 yammi drag I can run too but don't want to jack it up running around the sand bars getting seat time.

Jon

Supporting Member
I run 1.62 gears in my CLE, so I run really low pitch props. Most anything seems good for cruising, but then again, the 280 drinks gas no matter what. I have been trying to locate an unmodified XR6 to fit out instead, which at 1.78, would be a better middle of the road case for me.

I also don't like a huge amount of lift on my boat as it seems to have that under control on its own :). I did run a 22 Yamaha last year, which was fine. I guess I've not been too disappointed in anything for just running around.

90 5.0

Yeah I've been keeping my eyes open for an unmolested small XR-6 for a while. Buddy of mine had one on his XR-6 and broke it, they guy he bought a 1.87 200 case from told him it wasn't worth anything and would give him 50.00 on trade to the 1.87 I was pissed when I found out.

I have a 1.87 Sm and a 2.0 cle. Will run the 2.0 cle first and prolly always so i don't have to pull the sm of the other boat.

I have a bunch of short props that won't do much for cruising and getting seat time especially with the 2.0's n

I wish my 26 chopper wasn't messed up.

I have 20/22/24 yammi drags 22 et cut chopper for racing

90 5.0

Ran my worked 28 performer b4c for a bit yesterday. Drove surprisingly well at speed. It's got a lot of cup on it and didn't take much trim at all to get it up high and flying. It calc's like a 29 on my bullet ran it up to mid to high 7k a few times and held it there for 1/2 mile or so at speed.

Felt pretty good might try to find a 30 et in the future but for now it seems like it'll do the trick just hope the bullet doesn't get to jealous with the ally stealing it's props LOL!