New Member- New Project '88 XTB 21

Kmack

Here are some pics from today as I picked up boat and some after I got it home.

List of work identified so far:
New seats
New Carpet
New Decals
Repair, sandblast, paint trailer
Remove TM foot pedal tray and re-build deck to original.
Fix dings, cracks, etc.

Hope pictures show up

20160730_114001.jpg 20160730_114034.jpg 20160730_114247.jpg 20160730_113909.jpg 20160730_113916.jpg 20160730_113932.jpg 20160730_073403.jpg 20160730_073419.jpg

Kmack

Here is the biggest challenge I think I'm gonna have. I want to rebuild this hole back to solid and flat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think I'll mount the trolling motor across the front like it was due to the multitude of holes.

20160731_172400.jpg 20160731_172431.jpg

Mrbuck50

You may want to glass closed the floor locker. Mine was done before I bought it. Many say it is useless as it's impossible to keep it dry. Post up some updated pics. I am interested to see your progress.

Also, Hendix Engineering is trying to get XTB windshields made. I will keep you posted when they are available.

Kmack

You may want to glass closed the floor locker. Mine was done before I bought it. Many say it is useless as it's impossible to keep it dry. Post up some updated pics. I am interested to see your progress.

Also, Hendix Engineering is trying to get XTB windshields made. I will keep you posted when they are available.
Thanks for the info. I plan to keep a ski or two in the floor locker for the wife so I won't be concerned about water in there.

I have the boat in a shop going through the motor to assess its' condition and if it checks OK, replace whatever needs it. Also going through all wiring, switches, etc. Adding a wheel mounted trim lever, and replacing broken plastic and lights, etc.

I plan to call Allison this week and order carpet and whatever plastic panels are available. At some point I will need seats, cover, windshield, etc also. My priorities now are to repair everything, get the boat water ready, then start on the trailer.

Once I it's fully functioanal, I'll start on the cosmetic stuff.

Kmack

New carpet, gauge/switch panels, and Switches ordered from Allison.

Next for me is figuring how I want to get the boat off the trailer to get trailer back in shape. I have the ability to lift it OK but can't decide if I want to suspend it from trusses or support underneath.

I have looked at threads showing different ways to do it but I would welcome any suggestions.

Mrbuck50

Lower the tongue wheel as low as it will go. Block up under the jackplate tight.....I used a combo of concrete block and and wood and shims. Raise the tongue wheel as high as it will go. Build 2 towers from concrete block far enough apart that the trailer wheels will pass through. I built a double 2x6 beam to span from block tower to tower. Place that beam just under / behind the bow hook. Lower the tongue wheel and pull out the trailer.

My XTB sat on this setup for 2 months outside covered up. Works well, not expensive if you have the block and best of all........EASY.

Did you order factory replacement gauge / switch panels or did you have Bill make them from the new carbon fiber looking stuff? I bought the material from Bill and made my own from the carbon stuff.XTB5.JPG

Kmack

Thanks for the tip.

I bought stock replacements where I could. The rest will be fabricated. If I decide to go graphite, I'll get some real graphite plate from some friends who work in composites in the aircraft industry. At least I will have some templates.

Kmack

Custom Mold and Tint in Monticello, AR made the windshield currently on this boat. Their webpage says they can duplicate most windshields for $85-$90.

I think I'll send mine to them hoping the already have a mold.

Mrbuck50

They do not have a mold. I have already been in contact. They want $250 mold fee. They did quote me $90 for the windshield after I pay the mold fee. Hendrix has supposedly paid the mold fee as he has 4 XTB's. I will reach out to him today to see what the status is. If he isnt going to them, are you interested in splitting the mold fee with me?

Kmack

They do not have a mold. I have already been in contact. They want $250 mold fee. They did quote me $90 for the windshield after I pay the mold fee. Hendrix has supposedly paid the mold fee as he has 4 XTB's. I will reach out to him today to see what the status is. If he isnt going to them, are you interested in splitting the mold fee with me?
I have already dropped off my windshield to ship to AR. The one I have is complete, just tint I don't like. I will have to wait until I hear back from them.

My windsheild still has their sticker on it so unless the scrapped it, they should have a mold.

Did you send them a windshield or just ask if they had one for your boat? It sounds like they can't match mold to boat by model or make, but can match the eindshield.

I'll post the results. I'm not gonna pay them $340.00. I'll just re-tint what I have.

Mrbuck50

Please let me know if they can duplicate it without a mold fee. I suspect you are correct that they cant match boat models. Can you post a pic of the windshield that has their sticker on it?

Mrbuck50

That may be why they wanted to make a mold. Let me know when they get yours and give you a quote. I would be happy with one like that.

Kmack

That may be why they wanted to make a mold. Let me know when they get yours and give you a quote. I would be happy with one like that.
Got a call from Custom Mold and Tint. They don't have a mold and didn't even offer to build one. They just asked if I wanted them to send mine back... Duh!

I think I'm gonna see about getting mine painted or something - since I don't look through it anyhow.

Kmack

I will email Thomas Hendrix tomorrow to see if he has an update. He was going to pay the mold fees.
Let me know. I'm already $80 into this now, might as well try to get something out of it.