125+

bigtis

How many xb02 been there?

I think shook was around 124 or so.
That was a stock 300 powerhead at the time Also I wanna say.

I'm putting a drag on my Bassracer and wondering if it's gonna be up there with the fastest of the fast xb02's.

XXXR2001

Talk to Rodney King. He'd mentioned to me several years ago about wanting to do some high speed runs with his XB. Not sure how fast he ended up going but he's someone with a lot of xb seat time.

bigtis

Boat runs 110 with a prostock and big case.

Thinking a drag and xr6 should be at least another 10-15mph

Jon

Supporting Member
Yes, Shook was 124 something. When I bought the XR from him, it had "World Record Holder" on the side. He said someone told him once that the XR didn't have any records, to which Shook replied "No, but the old son of a ***** in the driver seat does." Funny guy.

Dave Hensley

113 in a 1987 800# XB2002 with stock 1997 Drag and a CLE Darris modified. It was all the gearcase and driver had in them. Always wanted to try an XR6 or good 200 on it. Boat was on a rail but you could feel in the ride guide the case was starting to get unhappy. Shook's record boat was not a light boat.

Bobalouie

I always figured light wouldnt help you much in a top speed run. Accelleration, sure, but top speed shouldnt make much of a difference. I always figured the lighter one was, the more flighty it would get in the upper reaches of speed, easier for the aero effect to make the hull do goofy stuff.

chad202

Mine was 850 with gauges, wires, empty fuel tank, and hds5. When I got it, I sanded the lip to .028, threw my RL cut in it, 14" plate, 1.25 above the pad, and ran 110 first and only pass. I'm pretty sure I can run in the 120s with more setup and wheel suited for and o2.

Dave Hensley

I think he was @ 118...
I think when Shook went to the APBA record runs he was somewhere around 116.5 average. They stick the bass boats and outboards on the snottiest water during the day. David has ran at least 122mph just playing at home. Maybe faster. The flying kilo is a whole different game

chad202

If you don't mind me asking where did you have to put the ballast for those speeds?

Also, what engine and LU?
A bobs lowerunit with modified 260. I had the ballast in the rod storage all the way in the front.

ally2dextreme

It's all theory till you do it.Paul has been faster more times than anyone I know in a bass boat.He along with a few others I trust have told me the heavier bass boats run better with the 200 case as it helps hold the boat up,makes sence to me..

Darth VMAX

Shooks GPS was @122.4 when leaving the closed KM during the record setting run. That's all I remember him saying unless he set a bigger unofficial number afterwards