Give the ol 300 a tune up

Tim Powell

This is how you ship something!

Still unpacking....lol

I thought she needed more air!

Air box and flywheel cover removed, intake sensor relocated, velocity Stack installed.

And the tuning to take advantage of all that air....L1.3 with a 7k limiter :shock:

And the finished product....Mike Nass Carbon Fiber Alien Cowl

Tim Powell

Yes, DBR L1.3 kit. I did not do the light flywheel because 32 pitch props were killing my stock motor.

I don't have a fair comparison yet, I ran it yesterday for the first time and with 2 guys, full fuel, all our gear, and 100 degree air I was able to turn a labbed 30 Promax to 93 @ 6100....I last ran this prop with the same load to 93 @ 6100 in 30 degree air. One thing about this particular prop is the boat gets very loose at 93 and handled like crap. I have never run this prop solo loaded to fish so I do not have any numbers there. The midrange definately feels stronger. I really do not care for the 30 Promax.

I am waiting for Todd to send my 29 X-O/B back to give a good fair comparison as I have much more run time in all conditions with that prop.

Tim Powell

Fished a small tournament today, didn't run until we had a few fish in the livewell.

2 guys, our gear, full fuel, livewell full of water and fish, 100 degree air....93.1 @ 6020 with my 29 X-O/B.

Unfortunately I do not have any test data on this prop in the heat, as I didn't get it until around October of 2015. I feel for the load and conditions, its going to be pretty dang stout.

Tim Powell

At Clifton I ran 95 @ 6200 with my fishin load and 29 X-O/B. It was hot as heck and very sticky.

With the stock motor, I was turning the same prop to 6200 in cool air. I feel like I need to step up to a 30 to get the rpm back down to 6000.

Allyfishing

Neal, Tim B (TB21) installed a DBR kit on his 250 XS a year ago and really likes the hole shot and midrange punch. His top end is nothing to sneeze at either.