Boatmate Trailer Leaf Spring ?

David Lanham

I need to replace the leaf springs on my 1999 single axel Boatmate trailer. They've sagged over the years. I think the tire has actually rubbed inside the fender.

Should I get them from Boatmate or find a set from an online trailer parts store?

GotMyAlly

Boatmate is probably the easiest. They seem to keep pretty good records by serial #. Probably could get it cheaper elsewhere if you know exactly what you need though.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ended up getting springs somewhere in the middle of Wyoming from a welding/fabrication shop after one broke on me driving on ice covered roads in November. It was an interesting trip getting 30 miles into the next town after it broke. Used a 4x4 and some ratchet straps. You can probably take a measurement on the spring and find them about anywhere I'd imagine. Just look around, they're nothing special.

David Lanham

Thought I would share this. Ended up ordering a spring set off E-Bay. Good price with free shipping and no sales tax.

Exact same spring in regards to number of leafs, thickness of leafs and fit.

Raised the fender up 1/2 inch or so from the tire.

Think I was on borrowed time as there are skid marks where the tire rubbed inside the fender due to the weakened spring. My trailer is going on year 17 of use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112044884065?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT