Another style rear bench in a 21

JWolff

I have always liked the idea of a bench in the back of my 2+2 but not the idea of stepping on the vinyl to get to the rear deck. So instead of buying the very nice full bench i opted with going for the bass boat look where the center is a fold down seat that replaced the trash can in the 21's. I got the insert from Allison and found the seat on Amazon. Still needs to be reupholstered but it is close enough for now. Also had Allison install the female side of the seat mount when I bought the insert and the male side was screwed to the bottom of the Amazon seat. To get an even height across the 3 seats a 1" spacer was also used on the middle seat. About $500 total into it before seat reupholster.
Since the seat is on the 3/4" pin it is not as stable as the trash can when going up and down to the rear deck but it works good enough when the kids have friends coming along to board or tube.

Attachments

xb03fs

Really like what you did there. I really wanted to be able to keep the trash can which is why I went the
I have always liked the idea of a bench in the back of my 2+2 but not the idea of stepping on the vinyl to get to the rear deck. So instead of buying the very nice full bench i opted with going for the bass boat look where the center is a fold down seat that replaced the trash can in the 21's. I got the insert from Allison and found the seat on Amazon. Still needs to be reupholstered but it is close enough for now. Also had Allison install the female side of the seat mount when I bought the insert and the male side was screwed to the bottom of the Amazon seat. To get an even height across the 3 seats a 1" spacer was also used on the middle seat. About $500 total into it before seat reupholster.
Since the seat is on the 3/4" pin it is not as stable as the trash can when going up and down to the rear deck but it works good enough when the kids have friends coming along to board or tube.

Looks great. I am guessing finding that middle just the right size, seat took a little time. 2+2 are great boats. Not sure if it is because my raised rear bench but there are taller windscreens available if you have complaints from the back. Notice the size difference.

Ps with river current I ran 89 on the limiter (likely 86/87) with a 27/28 XOB with the mismatched shields

Attachments

JWolff

Won't be going fast enough with passengers in back to worry about the wind on them. Still want to find some type of poly plug to put underneath on the front and rear of the male side of the plate to match the 2 white ones Allison supplies so it helps to stabilize the seat when stepping on it.

xb03fs

Won't be going fast enough with passengers in back to worry about the wind on them. Still want to find some type of poly plug to put underneath on the front and rear of the male side of the plate to match the 2 white ones Allison supplies so it helps to stabilize the seat when stepping on it.
Wind starts being an issue at 35 for wives it seems. Going to the taller windshield allowed for me to run 50 with her in the rear bench. Allowed her to also where her hat at 50. Just putting it out there. My 5 year old get shot gun and my 2 year old and wife get the bench

GotMyAlly

I like what you did there. I intended to do something like that, either a folding seat or a small carpeted step when I bought my 21. In fact, I even bought a spare seat base from Allison when I picked up the boat......but never got around to it.

JWolff

I do miss the trash can. I will only keep it in this configuration when taking more than just the family which will only be a couple times a year. The kids also like the wrap around seats way better than the fold down seats so they prefer the original configuration better.